U2 Fan Profile : Sherry Darling *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/sherrythumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

sherryavatar.jpg

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features Jubilee USA intern and Bono?s Angels founder Sherry Darling.

Your real name and screen name?

Cheryl/Sherry Darling

What's the story behind your screen name?

It's from a Bruce Springsteen song, "Sherry Darling." I thought the name was cute and the song is hysterical!

Why did you join Interference?

Like a lot of us, I'm sure - I just wanted to be a part of the fan community! U2's music stands for so many awesome things - peace, spirituality, courage, love, longing, integrity. I figured if the band was that cool, their fans must be too. I haven't been disappointed!

sherryprofile.jpg

When did you join Interference?

Uh...erm...over a year ago? I think?

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?

Hmm...40 minutes a day? Something like that? :)

Where will you most likely be found visiting at Interference?

I'm a PLEBA devotee - it's a funny, warm and, of course, sexy place to be. I love political discussion so I'm in Free Your Mind a lot as well. And of course I drop by the News forum to keep up on that supposed new album we're getting!

What is your earliest memory of U2?

The ?With Or Without You? video. Bono, with a dark sleek ponytail in a tight black leather vest and this, intensity, about him, it's not something a girl forgets.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?

Since high school, really, but seeing them live on the last tour won me over forever. I saw them June 16th at the MCI center [and] was blown away by a band that actually sounded better live than on the album! They were so real and passionate and Bono's famed charm, as always, was lethal.

Why are you a U2 fan?

They still believe in rock ?n roll. They still stand for its integrity. They have fun on stage (well, they do now, anyway). Their lyrics are amazing - very profound and poetic and meaningful in our world today with all its violence. Bono's voice is just sexy and silky. And Edge's guitar makes U2 songs sound like on one else.

What is your favorite U2 moment?

Bono's vocals in "Running to Stand Still" - what a devastating mixture of this technical perfection and sheer raw shimmering pain!

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?

9/11 immediately comes to mind. Songs like "Peace on Earth" and "When I Look at the World" made it seem like Bono and the boys were almost psychic, but they weren't psychic, just relevant. I think they help me remember to be true to myself and my goals and to live life every day to its fullest! Be passionate! Be alive! Bono's really inspired me to fight hard for debt relief for Africa, too. He's absolutely right, the fact that tens of thousands of people die of AIDS daily while African governments repay us twice what we give them (as is the case in Angola and Benin among others) in debt service is INSANITY! Can I take a second to thank all the Angels who have written or called their leaders on this issue?

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?

A bunch of them, actually. Seriously, I'd love to just meet them. I'd love to meet Ali. I'd love 30 minutes to sit down with Bono over a Guinness and say, ?Thank you, you're amazing!? I wouldn't object to a slow dance on stage or a ride on Mr. Mullen's Harley either.

What is your favorite U2 song, album?

This is always so hard...
Song: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Album: The Joshua Tree (unless it's an Achtung Baby day)

i like learning about the members in interviews like these, also. and i think sherry darling is a great person to interview...she works hard to live up to Bono's hopes. Great job, SD!!

:heart: :hug: Thanks guys! :)

Don't forget to write your letter, and to send your postcard to Sec. Snow if you're in the US :D

I'm totally flattered by this, wow, thanks! :eek:

SD

Thanks ladies! :) I appreaciate it, ya'll keep me going!

(Sicy so good to see you back as a mod where you belong)

SD

I AGREE!!!!

"They still believe in rock ?n roll. They still stand for its integrity. They have fun on stage (well, they do now, anyway). Their lyrics are amazing - very profound and poetic and meaningful in our world today with all its violence. Bono's voice is just sexy and silky. And Edge's guitar makes U2 songs sound like on one else."

Back
Top Bottom