Fan Profile: oliveu2cm *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/cowboybono-thmb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features U2TakeMeHigher Web mistress oliveu2cm.

Your real name and screen name?

Carrie/oliveu2cm

What's the story behind your screen name?

I saw a greeting card with an olive on it and beneath it said "you"—meaning "I love you." I thought it was funny and decided to use it for my screen name. "cm" is my initials since I wasn't sure if "oliveu2" was already taken.

When and why did you join Interference?

I had just graduated college and had a lot of time on my hands. That and it coincided with my first Elevation shows in Boston (June 2001) which threw me full-throttle into my U2 love.

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?

Probably about three hours a week although it used to be more when I had more time.

What are some of your favorite Interference haunts?

PLEBA, definitely, the women there are so dynamic and fun. When I have time to delve and discuss, FYM. And I like reading Lemonade Stand for the funny things people post.

When and why did you start U2 Take Me Higher?

I started it in college, because I saw this picture Otto Kissinger took. I fell in love with it and started my photo collection. Once I graduated and had money I moved the site from geocities to its own name. Designing and updating the site relaxed me and now I love having it to share all the photos with so many U2 fans from around the world: that's evident from the "sign the wall" where people from around the globe leave very touching messages for the band. I love the name of my site- because U2 does take me higher, and because EBTTRT is such a kickin' song.

camnyc-lrg.jpg

What is your earliest memory of U2?

Actually when I was about 14 I remember running and jumping off the front porch at my house and singing "on your knees, boy!" and pointing to the ground. I didn't really listen to music then or know of U2 in particular so I think that's funny they were the ones, and that particular line, I remember singing.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?

They had me at MacPhisto. When I first saw ZooTV Sydney and saw MacPhisto and realized what he represented and the intelligence and compassion this band had, there was no going back. That was 1997.

Why are you a U2 fan?

I believe in U2. I am proud of their music. I think they are genius and their generosity to their fans confirm that they are "worthy" to be adored, what I mean by that is they don't take anything—their fans included—for granted.

What is your favorite U2 moment?

My favorite U2 moment is the Live in Boston 6/6/01 WTSHNN performance. I was in the heart at that show and I got immense goosebumps as the song started. I remember Bono saying the band felt God in the room during the Elevation tour, and I felt Him there in a very physical and intense way. That song rocketed me to the ceiling, and every time I see the video of it I get the chills again. Anyone in the crowd that night will tell you something special happened during that performance.

On a different level another moment I won't ever forget is Larry's
Birthday show in Providence (10/31/01). The band played "Slow Dancing" (and didn't know how to end it) and Larry actually spoke to his "18,000 closest friends"—it was great!!

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?

U2 are a part of my soul now, they are very incorporated into my
spiritual being and their music is like a sister to me. It's not
necessarily tough times or insights into life, their music is just
always with me.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?

Dream: Hearing "Running to Stand Still" live.

Fantasy: Having dinner with Bono and Ali. You know, the usual.

What is your favorite U2 song, album and video?

Song: "Running to Stand Still," The language is brilliant, the emotion is gorgeous, the music spine-tingling.

Album: "Achtung Baby," and it slightly beats "The Joshua Tree" for me because of the courage to change that album demanded, and basic necessity of—if there was no "Achtung Baby," there would be no U2 today.

Video: "With or Without You," The shadows, the vests, the black and white sexiness... yeah. Also Anton's "One" video because it's genius and the guys in drag are priceless.

Last edited:
Olive rocks! :)

If all U2 fans were like her, I think it would be too much goodness to take :sexywink: :)

She likes Bruce Springsteen too, so that makes her even more special :D

Back
Top Bottom