Achtung Carrie! : Issue #2 ? I See You Too *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/achtungcarrie/achtungcarriethumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Carrie Alison, Chief Editor

achtungcarrie.jpg

The kindness and generosity of U2 fans never ceases to amaze me. I think of when I first joined Interference in September 2001 ? in the middle of the night, due to a bout with insomnia ? I would stay up reading the forums until I was lulled back into my slumber. Why was I at peace, and able to go back to sleep? Because I had found a club ? a club of people like myself who were just looking to enjoy some good conversation with some good people. U2 fans are some of the best ?good people? I have come across in my 25 years.

At first, I didn?t know how or where to post. Post or Reply? Edit or Leave it? Should I even offer up my opinion and risk the flames fanned at newbies, or should I just relax and be myself? Sicy was the first to befriend me. She was so welcoming and so friendly; I instantly was drawn into the little blue world, despite myself. You see I had recently lost a friend into a Farscapian spiral where all she could talk about was her message board cronies, and what happened with Ben Browder on the last episode. It carried on into when we would go out at night, and soon she stopped calling altogether ? in favor of spending time with her online friends. I didn?t understand her reasons, and I didn?t understand the inside jokes that became long-winded anecdotes. I didn?t get it, because I hadn?t yet experienced it for myself.

Flash forward almost two years ? and I?m still here. Still discussing music and pop culture, still an Oodle, still talking about U2 and how their new album might sound. Like I said, I found a club, and was honored that they would have me as a member. I?ve met some of the most fascinating, intelligent, bombastic, ornery and downright infuriating people in our little blue world ? all the while U2 swirls in the background. I?ve partied with Interferencers in Las Vegas and Cleveland. I?ve stood in a GA line in the desert for nine hours because Sicy called me at 7:30am to tell me to get in the friggin line, that we were already 482 people behind. I huddled with her to get warm, and played cards with her on the dirty asphalt. I played the slot machines with her and April, and screamed all the way through our elevator (sorry, Inclinator) ride in the Luxor. I chased those two girls up and down an escalator at the Venetian ? feeling like a scene right out of Almost Famous the entire time.

It?s been a ride, dear friends. And I can?t wait to scale more mountains with you.

I did not receive any Letters to Achtung Carrie last week! Is anybody out there? Do you have any questions about U2, tours, anything? Email me! carrie@interference.com.

Last edited:
I think you have stated here feelings that many of us feel - even if we have never met.

Nicely written, and again with that photo:

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Carrie, hi.

What a truly beautiful and poignant anecdote.

I sincerely hope that my recollections in years yet to be will in some way be similiar if not exactly the same as yours.

Sometimes, one can and does, as you can testify to, strike up friendships, lasting ones at that, so "hats off" to "Interference" and "Sweet, sweet, Carrie!" :bow:

Back
Top Bottom