Youtube feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleoscar

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Instead of using :up: for agreement on a post could we have a thumbs up like on youtube where you can just click a thumbs up or down giving a tally of agreement and disagreement to reduce the number of posts?

i'm not sure but i think that might not be possible with the forum software. plus, it could create some arguments if a bunch of people give a post thumbs down, just because they didn't agree with the post, not because it was trolling or anything.

i'm not sure but i think that might not be possible with the forum software. plus, it could create some arguments if a bunch of people give a post thumbs down, just because they didn't agree with the post, not because it was trolling or anything.

That's true and you would have to make sure that no one could click on the thumbs up or down more than once. Maybe if the thumbs are anonymous that hopefully will make it hard for people to target someone for an argument. Some people don't want to spend too much time with multiple posts and thumbs are quicker. Trolling ultimately is something that only admin staff, and mindful posters can really take care of.

Anyways you guys know what the software can or cannot do. I just find it fun on youtube to not always repost similar responses to other people I agree with and just click the thumbs. It could save some space, and creative posters may have other fun uses. The site is pretty cool as it is.

Thanks

I'd like to just suggest that we make a new rule that if all you're going to post in response to an 19-paragraph or 30-picture post with two words and/or a smiley, there's no need to quote the entire damn 19 paragraphs or 30 pictures.

I'll be quiet now.

There is actually a rule about this in the FAQs...

Please do not quote extremely long posts in full when responding only in part or quote the same post over and over again. This is considered spamming and you may receive a warning as well as having your post edited by a moderator.

Huh. Can we start pulling that out and quoting it when people do it? It drives me bonkers.

I didn't realize doing the "repeated quote" thing was against the rules either - a lot of people do that as well, although I find it a lot less annoying. Less scrolling involved. ;)

There is actually a rule about this in the FAQs...

Please do not quote extremely long posts in full when responding only in part or quote the same post over and over again. This is considered spamming and you may receive a warning as well as having your post edited by a moderator.

Hmmm.....Can we apply this to people who write the same things in their posts over and over again? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom