yourname@interference.com - want one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you intested in having an @interference.com email address?

• Yes

Votes: 78 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
As part of our ongoing effort to try to keep Interference.com (including this forum) running, we've been collecting donations...

but I was wondering how many people would be interested in having a full @interference.com email account webmail and POPmail in exchange for a small monthly donation to help keep this place running.

The email accounts would be somewhere between 10-25mb storage (I havent decided.. and would like to hear what people want), and all email would have full virus protection, as well as -some- spam filtering.

ADDED:
You'd have the following choices for email addresses:

INTERFERENCE.COM
U2FAN.ORG
LARRYMULLEN.NET
PLEBA.COM
U2PLEBA.COM
ILOVEBONO.COM
ILOVEU2.ORG
U2ROCKS.ORG
ADAMSFRO.COM

Please respond to the poll in this thread, and also leave your comments.

Thanks,

Joel

Re: Re: yourname@interference.com - want one?

martha said:

I don't know what these things mean, and it depends on the price, but sure, okay, I'd like one.

Webmail = able to check your email on the Web ;) (like hotmail)

POPmail = ability to check your email from an email program such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, and MANY more.

10-25mb storage = a free hotmail account has 2mb of space. this is MUCH larger, and give you the ability to send and receive large email attachments if you need to, as well as store A LOT of email without having to delete it all the time (like hotmail, lycos, etc).

As far as the donation price... I was thinking maybe $2+/mo. I think its very reasonable for having an email account like this, hotmail offers a 10mb account at $19.95/yr... and the address isnt nearly as cool ;) It's also nice, because you get to have an email account AND get to help Interference.com at the same time :)

Hmm...maybe that's not a bad idea!

I like my current email....but I am sick of all of the stupid pop-ups and spam that accompany it!! :yuck:

ADAMSFRO.COM is now an option. Silly domain.. but I just bought it for you crazy nuts. :)

Joel

what about... larrymoobs.com or just moobs.com or something?

I Can't Believe It!!!!

Elvis said:
ADAMSFRO.COM is now an option. Silly domain.. but I just bought it for you crazy nuts. :)

Joel

The things Elvis will do to please us!!!! :D

Re: Re: Re: yourname@interference.com - want one?

Elvis said:

Webmail = able to check your email on the Web ;) (like hotmail)

POPmail = ability to check your email from an email program such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, and MANY more.

10-25mb storage = a free hotmail account has 2mb of space. this is MUCH larger, and give you the ability to send and receive large email attachments if you need to, as well as store A LOT of email without having to delete it all the time (like hotmail, lycos, etc).

As far as the donation price... I was thinking maybe $2+/mo. I think its very reasonable for having an email account like this, hotmail offers a 10mb account at $19.95/yr... and the address isnt nearly as cool ;) It's also nice, because you get to have an email account AND get to help Interference.com at the same time :)

Cool. Thanks. I just get smarter everyday here at Interference.

Stupid but necessary question

I think that the @interference.com is a great idea. :wave: bye bye to Yahell

Not meaning to be negative, but isn't it going to cost you more money to set up/run this email, in addition to running the site? My question being, would the $2/month be able to cover both the email and the site costs?

Great, we need a ZooTV or PopMart name to!

Hey,
Great idea!!! I would love a Pop e-mail, @POPmail.com sounds pretty sweet. @ZooTV.com, :up: :up: @theFLY.com, some ideas...........

fritz:mac:

Re: Stupid but necessary question

daisybean said:
I think that the @interference.com is a great idea. :wave: bye bye to Yahell

Not meaning to be negative, but isn't it going to cost you more money to set up/run this email, in addition to running the site? My question being, would the $2/month be able to cover both the email and the site costs?

Something I've of coursed already considered :) I have already had the email server setup, and in use, for quite a long time. The email servers costs are covered by the profits I make from having a few clients companies using the same email. In other words... I will be using other profits/potential profits I make to subsidize the costs of the Interfernece email. Besides... email costs nothing to run compared to the forum - it's really not a big issue.

Joel

oh my adamsfro? lol

Well gee I hope you gals sign up after Elvis is kind enough to keep buying the domain names of your choice.

I definitely like that idea. :happy: Right now I'm stuck with either crappy free mail accounts or else an aol account which is a pain in the butt to check when I'm away from home.

And LMAO :lol: at adamsfro.com! If I didn't have to keep a straight face when telling people my email addy, I might even be tempted by that one ;)

Will you be posting a message here when we can sign up or do people have to email you about it?

madamc said:
what about... larrymoobs.com or just moobs.com or something?

Yes, I'd be really interested, but us Larry girls definitely need something more moobylicious!

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Will you be posting a message here when we can sign up or do people have to email you about it?

I'll be announcing it when it's ready to go :)

Joel

Re: Great, we need a ZooTV or PopMart name to!

Fritz said:
Hey,
Great idea!!! I would love a Pop e-mail, @POPmail.com sounds pretty sweet. @ZooTV.com, :up: :up: @theFLY.com, some ideas...........

fritz:mac:

....@ZOO.tv

I do not need a e-mail adress but i will donate anyway,....

Re: Re: Great, we need a ZooTV or PopMart name to!

Rono said:

....@ZOO.tv

I do not need a e-mail adress but i will donate anyway,....

O YES!!!!!!!!!!!

fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom