Yeah...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
That registration box that pops up when you enter forums unregistered... although understandable for exposure purposes... it comes off as a little desperate.

:sexywink:

Suggestion? Turn down the pop-ups.

Last edited:
It's not definitely part of the furniture yet. It's having a trial run for a while. If you dont like it, you can always just log in...:wink:

Angela Harlem said:
It's not definitely part of the furniture yet. It's having a trial run for a while. If you dont like it, you can always just log in...:wink:

Exactly.

Yep... if you want to lurk... change your settings to invisible.

It has nothing to do with being desperate... it has to do with the fact that its actually more strain on the server to 'manage' Guests than it is for users.... so if people are coming here anyway... they should register.

i dont know, i think it would be more of a pain to manage cujo than a guest...

:wink:

Angela Harlem said:

I agree to a certain extent. My suggestion was maybe to find another way to do it... I used the word desperate because the pop-up is a little forward. If your intent is to attract new membership, as well as eliminating guest features, I think it would be in your (collective staff) best interest to find a better way (it seems more a deterrent than invitation). Either that, or possibly make the forums viewable only by registered members...

Last edited:
Pinball Wizard said:
possibly make the forums viewable only by registered members...
that's what i was thinking. i don't have a problem with the trial thing going on now (mainly cuz i'm always logged in!), but it would maybe be better if guests couldn't view the forum at all. it's free to register, so it shouldn't be a problem for people. :wink:

Dont you think people would rather get a chance to view the forums (even with the annoying message) rather than not be able to view at all? People may not want to register to something they cant get a taste of first.

I appreciate all the comments/suggestions.. however this is a trial run of the 'popup'... it may not stay around... it may stay around.... I'm giving it a week or so to decide.

The way I see it, Elvis did it in a nice way that blends in well with the forum. He could have had a regular pop-up in a separate window, which would have REALLY been annoying. I don't think what he chose to do is that bad.

A pop-up killer can get rid of that message, if you don't like it.

Melon

It has nothing to do with "lurking" for me. I just don't like to be logged in on my work computer since I'm not even supposed to be online ever for any reason unless it has to do with work. Since I never have any work to do and no one seems to care, I'm usually on Interference. Viewing without being logged in stops me from being able to reply to things. I just figure it's better to view than post just in case someone walks by. I can click off without wanting to go back right away and try to respond. :reject: it makes sense when I'm at work doing something wrong.....

I know it's a trial run but I just wanted to share that I found it to be annoying.

arw9797 said:
It has nothing to do with "lurking" for me. I just don't like to be logged in on my work computer since I'm not even supposed to be online ever for any reason unless it has to do with work. Since I never have any work to do and no one seems to care, I'm usually on Interference. Viewing without being logged in stops me from being able to reply to things. I just figure it's better to view than post just in case someone walks by. I can click off without wanting to go back right away and try to respond. :reject: it makes sense when I'm at work doing something wrong....

you sound just like me :lmao: :reject:
except i usually am posting too, and i think they know i go to interference anyway :silent: :eek:

oh and i don't think i've seen that popup ad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom