With all respect I suggest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silence

The Fly
...outside of clear situations where people are writing abusive statements in forums that they should only be Closed with a democratic vote by those posting in the thread.

Otherwise how about giving the reason according to the rules why a thread was closed so those that want to can discuss the issue at hand with the moderators?

Respectfully

Silence

Not a bad idea. We should set up a forum for polls regarding threads that we may need to close. Then a simple majority - or perhaps a 2/3rds majority - can decide the given threads fate.

All in favor, say AYE!

AYE!

...outside of clear situations where people are writing abusive statements in forums that they should only be Closed with a democratic vote by those posting in the thread.

Otherwise how about giving the reason according to the rules why a thread was closed so those that want to can discuss the issue at hand with the moderators?

Respectfully

Silence

Do I have a thread for you my friend :yes: *

Not a bad idea. We should set up a forum for polls regarding threads that we may need to close. Then a simple majority - or perhaps a 2/3rds majority - can decide the given threads fate.

All in favor, say AYE!

AYE!

mob rule.

let this be the successful attempt. :drool:

I agree! How dare the mods dictate the thread closings! Is this a democratic board or what??? People of the world!!! :scream:

:uhoh:

I gave a reason:

That said, the OP's original question was answered long ago so I think its probably time to let this thread rest.

Plus to most, its quite obvious why the thread needed to be closed. Bickering, dragging on, etc. This is all in the rules. The rules also state to pm a moderator or admin if you have a problem or question with a thread closing.

The decision to close or not close threads is up to the moderators and administrators of this forum. I'm pretty sure its like this on every forum you go to and its been like that here for over 8 years so I don't see this changing.

If you do not wish to abide by the rules here, then perhaps this isn't the place for you.

I think that thread dragged on WAY too long anyway :shrug:

And I don't think it's up to us to question the auth's work. Not to sound like a suck up but I think they're doing a fine job, and they know what they're doing. It's their decision to close a thread, and if they do, all you can do is accept it cause they'll have a valid reason for it.

I gave a reason:

Plus to most, its quite obvious why the thread needed to be closed. Bickering, dragging on, etc. This is all in the rules. The rules also state to pm a moderator or admin if you have a problem or question with a thread closing.

The decision to close or not close threads is up to the moderators and administrators of this forum. I'm pretty sure its like this on every forum you go to and its been like that here for over 8 years so I don't see this changing.

If you do not wish to abide by the rules here, then perhaps this isn't the place for you.

My reply is simply made as an option to a private e-mail as I feel these types of discussions should be transparent:

"That said, the OP's original question was answered long ago so I think its probably time to let this thread rest."

Here I belive this was your personal opinion, which you are entitled to.

"Plus to most, its quite obvious why the thread needed to be closed."

Wheres your factual proof ? Many were continuing to discuss in an apprpiate and entusiatic way. Through the vote mechinisim I think that the question of whether or not a thread is redundant would be fairly qualified.

"The decision to close or not close threads is up to the moderators and administrators of this forum. I'm pretty sure its like this on every forum you go to and its been like that here for over 8 years so I don't see this changing."

Why not make change and invite a truely fair process for proper expressions of opinion on topics.

"If you do not wish to abide by the rules here,..."

I dont remeber saying I would not follow the rules, I am simply questioning one"...then perhaps this isn't the place for you."

You are entitled to this opinion yet I do find it to be staed in a condescending manner.

For your consideration, I thank you.

I think that if you're going to start a vote mechanism whether a thread should stay open or not, the real heavy shit is going to hit the fan. The thread is then probably still open and would probably spiral even more out of control.

But it is an interesting discussion.
:corn:

The discussion the poster had was not even related to the topic of the thread he was posting in. The thread was about whether or not Bono did in fact say a certain thing to a fan, and the poster was talking about what should and should not be talked about on Fan sites.

The discussion the poster had was not even related to the topic of the thread he was posting in. The thread was about whether or not Bono did in fact say a certain thing to a fan, and the poster was talking about what should and should not be talked about on Fan sites.

Sorry phily, which poster, and which message?

thnx

Sorry phily, which poster, and which message?

thnx

You and your posts. They were not at all involved with the topic of whether or not Bono said something to a fan. Yet you wanted the thread to remain open, even though your discussion was off-topic. That's what I don't understand.

*runs to get some extra popcorn*

You do know, PhillyFan, that you're now bringing up a closed thread. :uhoh:

:corn:

You and your posts. They were not at all involved with the topic of whether or not Bono said something to a fan. Yet you wanted the thread to remain open, even though your discussion was off-topic. That's what I don't understand.

Yeah looks like I got off topic about what Bono said to a fan and on the topic of what people (I wont allow that they are Fans) said about, Bono.

You could just copy and paste the quote a few times and then shorten each copied part to the part you're referring to.

copy and paste the quote a few times and then shorten each copied part to the part you're referring to.

copy and paste quote few times shorten each copied part to you're referring to.

copy and paste shorten copied part to referring to.

copy paste shorten refer.

Like that pfan?

Back
Top Bottom