Why not upgrade vBulletin??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
I know it was discussed a year or two ago, but what features does this site run, that would be a must have that aren't available in 3.6? (Or available as mods/addins/plugins)

I'm sure some of the new backend features would be greatly needed and used by the admin/mod teams and there is tons of new features since 2.0

I wouldnt mind an upgrade, but Elvis has always said there are too many of his own modifications added and it would be a major operation to upgrade.

Sicy said:
I wouldnt mind an upgrade, but Elvis has always said there are too many of his own modifications added and it would be a major operation to upgrade.

Hence the "what is really added"? part. No need for any backend secrets to be revealed, but even looking at the site, I can't see too much that would be missed that was added or couldn't be adopted to 3.6

(Stuff that I see, is journals, galleries all have mods in the new version)

There is A LOT of coding, that goes far beyond hacks and plugins, that I (mostly), and a friend, have done that for the most part arent obvious, or even apparent, to the 'end user'. These pieces/features COULD be recoded, and new hacks and plugins used.... however it would take a great deal of time to identify the functionality of everything currently in use, and find, or code, replacements for these bits for a new version of VB. Right now, I personally don't have that time to do all that.

It is something I eventually want to get to, and plan to get to.

I actually have a recent version of VB installed on this server, for another website I run.. so I am familiar with it.

Back
Top Bottom