Why do religious threads get moved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Do we need a new forum for controversial religious threads?
Obviously, the more snarly and prickly pantheistic stuff seems unwelcome in the Goal is Soul, but this forum appears to be more about Politics--not spirituality.
I feel like the most interesting threads where theology meets social politics and U2's unique vision of both belong in a forum with lots of traffic and deserve respectful discussion.
If threads like the one on Bono and Co-exist keep getting moved to the Goal is Soul, then the Goal is Soul's specific boundaries and rules will be transgressed, no?
Mods?

pieces of peace to all you peops 4 these holy daze,

Anu

Trust me every thread here ends up with religious interference (it's a pun son).

Homosexuality, Poverty, Taxation, War, Christmas, War on Christmas etc. all end up with religious parts in them and even then most of the rest is filler much like cereal in hot dogs.

Anu said:
If threads like the one on Bono and Co-exist keep getting moved to the Goal is Soul, then the Goal is Soul's specific boundaries and rules will be transgressed, no?
Mods?

No, that's the only purpose of Goal is Soul. Anything with U2 and religion will get moved there more often than not.

Melon

Hmmm.
Goal is Soul policy states: "This is a general discussion area about U2 and their faith as found in their lyrics, their own words, as well as books written by others on this subject of their spirituality. Not to be used for debates/discussions on religion (use FYM for that)."
Then, the recent thread I referred to on COEXIST and Bono's messianic tendencies began with explicit debate and a statement about why the poster put it in FYM instead of GIS.
So, the question remains, if the poster wants the post in FYM, and it clearly violates the guidelines of GIS, why do the mods keep moving posts to GIS?

Anu

^I agree with your frustration. Although there was another thread regarding the same thing in The Goal Is Soul, Coemgen deliberately wanted to discuss it in FYM, where there would be more diverse views (ideally) I don't like to violate TGIS so don't participate there much. I consider it a safe house, with FYM being more of a freewheeling discussion forum (and occasional slaughterhouse.) The Goal of Soul is often the kiss of death for a topic, rather than just letting it die on its own.

Re: Re: Why do religious threads get moved?

melon said:

No, that's the only purpose of Goal is Soul. Anything with U2 and religion will get moved there more often than not.

Exactly.

If it is something on religion that is U2-related, it goes into The Goal Is Soul. Just because a person requests that a thread stays somewhere doesn't mean it will.

BonosSaint said:
[B
The Goal of Soul is often the kiss of death for a topic, rather than just letting it die on its own. [/B]

I see it not a very popular board. I always check it when I get on, I wish there was more action over there.

pattip2000 said:

I see it not a very popular board. I always check it when I get on, I wish there was more action over there.

Well since that forum is not supposed to be used for discussion or debate about religion, threads such as the one noted here generally die there. If we can't discuss or debate the issue, there's not a whole hell of a lot to post. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom