Why can't I upload a picture more than once??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Grrrrr....image/posting issues...

okay, a couple things that have been buggin me....is there a way to set thingks up so that my cursor is inside the text box, ready to type, immediately upon entering a reply or new post (the "old" Feedback had this feature)

and?what does this message mean???

vBulletin Message
You have already attached this image to a post. Please refrain from uploading duplicate images. If you need to refer to this image it can be found in this thread:

Yes, I might want to upload the same picture more than once, how am I supposed to keep track of them??? Or aren't we allowed to do this?

Another feature that seems to be missing from the new Forum is when I post something and I "have used too many images" ? when I hit the BACK button to delete a couple, my ENTIRE POST IS GONE. It's as if I never entered anything at all, and I have to start over and type everything from scratch again?.and if it's a really long post, I about *lose my mind* when this happens!!! Can we please go back to the other way???

thanky...

I'll let elvis answer this one.

Its only when you attach a pic from your hard drive.

As far as everything being gone when you hit back.. I know that is the most annoying thing in the world but this cant be fixed.

Usually if I have a long post I'll copy it first before I hit submit just to be safe, or do preview post.

Re: Grrrrr....image/posting issues...

STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION....

WHY can't I upload a picture more than once?? If I'm going to get THIS error message:

vBulletin Message
You have already attached this image to a post. Please refrain from uploading duplicate images. If you need to refer to this image it can be found in this thread:

Then could I please get the link directly to the picture?! (not just to the thread) It's nearly impossible to go searching through long threads (like the EYKIW random thread) just to find the one picture I want/need! :mad: (yes, I tried it, couldn't it)

thx.

Re: Re: Grrrrr....image/posting issues...

Discoteque said:
STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION....

WHY can't I upload a picture more than once?? If I'm going to get THIS error message:

Then could I please get the link directly to the picture?! (not just to the thread) It's nearly impossible to go searching through long threads (like the EYKIW random thread) just to find the one picture I want/need! :mad: (yes, I tried it, couldn't it)

thx.

No duplicate images are allowed to be uploaded to THIS server to prevent abuse/storage issues. You may however link to an image on another server as many times as you want. As far as finding the image which you had already uploaded, why not search the given thread for your member name... that should narrow it down a bit, I'd hope ;)

Back
Top Bottom