what is 'the old zootopia' and is it accessible still?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
i just came across a post mentioning the 'old zootopia' and gathered that its an old forum or something - is there any way to access it or is it defunct now?

Im a member of U2.com! Zootopia is still there! But i don't know why but i find it a little weird to use......I don't know what the problem is( i think the font is much smaller...making it harder to read....and moving around in the forum is a little tricky!), i just find interference better for forums!

U2Girl1978 said:
The "old" zootopia that people talk about was much better than the "new" zootopia. I don't think there's any way to access the old zoo though.
yeah, just like you can't access the old interference. (a couple years ago, elvis upgraded the forum software)

i too doubt the old zootopia is accessible but you'd probably get a more definite answer over there :wink:

That makes me nostalgic. I used to lurk in here when I was in high school, back in the days when the dinosaurs walked the earth.

Sicy said:

Now that was hard to read, the pages from 1997. Definitely improved.

+++++++

I was a very frequent poster of the old zootopia and am currently still posting on the new zootopia.

I recall someone claiming they had a bunch of screencaps from the old zootopia but whether the person still has them, that I don't know but I saw a link to the caps.

Gonna get all nostaligic here...bear with me, or skip it. :shrug:

It was a greenish blue background with black font. I lurked at interference for a bit, got an email from U2.com to check out the new forum (at that time late 2001), and lurked there too. Actually the first post I made was disagreeing with someone else's take on ATYCLB. Then I checked out the other sub-forums they had, there was a sub-forum for different topics, albums, singles, videos, individual band members, political or religious/spiritual topics, a general subforum. (anything that didn't fit anywhere else).

For the most part, the people were pretty fun to chat with. I made a lot of "online buddies" there, I still chat with some of them, some are members here, only a handful stuck around in the new Zootopia.

I mostly read/posted in the individual band member's forums, kinda like Pleba but without as many pics and a lot more nonsense. ;) Be like, hey did you see ____in that video, how hot is he...then there'd be a discussion of what someone was doing for the weekend, then back to said band member. Very casual laidback atmosphere.

The new Zootopia is fun too but I do miss the old Zootopia.

As the Lemon Turns, what a riot! (fan fiction)

Any other old zootopians around?, I know I'm not the only one who posts at multiple U2 forums.

I actually have an offline archive of 'the old zootopia'... but I've got no idea where it is at the moment... I think I burned it to DVD awhile ago.

Basically, when I got word that the 'old' Zootopia was going to go 'byebye' with no real promise of leaving a trace ... I wrote a script to archive it all in a read-only format. Even if I find the copy of it, I really don't think I'd legally be able to put it online as it was owned by U2.com.

Back
Top Bottom