What about changing the color of U2 Interference??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we change (keep the Blue Crack), it should follow the schemes of the albums.

interference really hasnt ever followed the scheme of the albums. infact, the closest we ever got was using the icons from the popmart video backdrop.. but thats it.

since the sites inception, there have actually been several design elements that we had... prior to u2 .. which is slightly odd.... but thats really an entirely different conversation.

Elvis said:
Regardless of the design of the main part of the site, it would honestly be VERY hard for me to NOT use blue in a redesign of the forum. Originally it was chosen because it was easy on the eyes, and that still holds true.

While I have said in the past there were going to be redesigns ... which never ended up publicly materializing (but were worked on) ... this time, a much larger change for interference is in the works, and while it may not be a fast process, and Ive set no specific deadlines.... it IS going to happen. Part of the problem about redoing this site and the forum is the fact that what I knew when it was all created and what I know now are completely different... and a new interference must be re-coded/overhauled for the most part. The most daunting task of which is the forum, so it'll be the last to get any makeover.

May I ask what color you are thinking of for the backround if you are doing a different backround?

BluRmGrl said:
No matter what decision is made, there will be bitching, griping and general pissy-ness from numerous directions - whatcha' gonna' do? :shrug:

That being said, I humbly submit my personal vote that we at least keep the icey blue background. :yes: I mean, "Blue Crack" without the blue is just....well, 'crack'. :|

It's as if you read my mind. :ohmy:

Seriously, my point is that this board transcends U2. I haven't been here for anything U2 related in about 3.5 years. Yes, the band brought me here but they certainly haven't kept me here.

I guess my thought (as if it matters at all) is that Interference should be careful about making this a full fanboy site. I don't want to come here and have the members of U2 on the backdrop of every page.

Clean and simple....that way I can talk it up with my friends, etc. without having to navigate around Bono's mug.

What's with the "jt1234" text at the very beginning of the code? And when you click the arrow to load the last post in a thread, it's just "jt1234".

HAha!

Oh and the php link for loading external links also loads "jt1234".

Maybe that's Elvis' admin password :hmm: :macdevil:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Seriously, my point is that this board transcends U2. I haven't been here for anything U2 related in about 3.5 years. Yes, the band brought me here but they certainly haven't kept me here.

I guess my thought (as if it matters at all) is that Interference should be careful about making this a full fanboy site. I don't want to come here and have the members of U2 on the backdrop of every page.

Clean and simple....that way I can talk it up with my friends, etc. without having to navigate around Bono's mug.

I completely agree with you. So no worries ;)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
What's with the "jt1234" text at the very beginning of the code?

Me writing really bad php code to test something.

The 'jt1234' meant nothing more than my initials + 1234.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I know this might be shocking, but I completely agree as well.

I mean, what if HoboBono was the backdrop!? :yikes:

The only part I hate about the blue background is that when I look at the site from work (as I'm doing now) its pretty obvious I'm looking at something non work related. :shifty:

Isn't it possible to implement some kind of functionality that would allow people to just change the colour themselves? :shrug:

I've seen a lot of boards with different color 'schemes' that you can change it to.. not sure if that would be an option here.

Sicy said:
I've seen a lot of boards with different color 'schemes' that you can change it to.. not sure if that would be an option here.

One of the Ryan Adams boards I go to did that recently. It's very nice.

I've associated the site with this color, and a change would throw me off for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom