Unauthorized Use Of My Paypal Account - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #16
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:34 PM
You are not donating at this point. If you were to 'donate' it would be that, a DONATION. A one time donation/deduction. But you SUBSCRIBED to premium membership. There is a difference.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #17
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:34 AM
That's the way Paypal subscriptions work. What I've found you can do (which I've done for other subscriptions I've paid for via Paypal) is as soon as you renew you can cancel it so when the next renewal period comes up you're not charged. All you need to do is keep track of your expirations so if you do want to resubscribe you can do it without it being automatically charged.

Like it was said above it's the way subscriptions on Paypal work it's not an Interference thing.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

InterfereceMedia is just the name of the account, its still the same purpose, just change of name on the account for easier management. The subscription information is still the same if you open up the payment and look at it, it is still a subscription to Interference.com.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I think it really would be nice if PayPal had a way of warning you a week ahead of time before a scheduled payment is deducted. And maybe there is such a setting if you dig in deep enough? I don't know.

Melon
There is an option to get email notifications when subscriptions are due - if you go into your account and then "profile" and then "notifications" you can select to recieve email notifications when you make a subscription payment there.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #20
Neon Zebra

and while we're on the topic of subscriptions, is this two months free offer still on?

http://forum.interference.com/t108658.html
Old 12-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #21
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
and while we're on the topic of subscriptions, is this two months free offer still on?

http://forum.interference.com/t108658.html

Should be, I will need to confirm. But I believe the original deal was once you cancel your subscription, and it runs out you would receive 2 free months after the end date.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 AM
The same thing happened to me last year (or the year before? ), and I just unsubscribed on the paypal site and emailed Elvis for a refund.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #23
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Should be, I will need to confirm. But I believe the original deal was once you cancel your subscription, and it runs out you would receive 2 free months after the end date.
mine should be running out in a few weeks now, so i guess i'll go cancel it.

i had to wait an entire year to take advantage of this offer last time.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:34 PM
...actually, if I remember correctly...when I joined I DID see something that said that my subscription would be charge until cancelled.......which makes it easier...
Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #25
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
...actually, if I remember correctly...when I joined I DID see something that said that my subscription would be charge until cancelled.......which makes it easier...
You're absolutely right. I bought a subscription for someone very recently and I know is specifically gave me that notification.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I think it really would be nice if PayPal had a way of warning you a week ahead of time before a scheduled payment is deducted. And maybe there is such a setting if you dig in deep enough? I don't know.

Melon
I am going to go back to the basics of customer relations....I think the organization could simply remind the one providing money for this subscription a simple note that this is coming up.

IF there is not a script...CREATE ONE. If the owner can create InterferenceMedia...or ad adbite and googleanalytics...it could be done.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
I signed up for this in 2003.

Whether I missed this or not...a simple notification would still be nice.

Meggie...you still have a premium membership...are you still paying yearly? How are you notified that your INTERFERENCE subscription needs to be renewed?

Or are people not repaying and are able to keep a premium membership (as I am learning as I talk to people). If that is the case...I WANT A REFUND!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #28
Neon Zebra

jeff, i was aware that my membership would automatically be renewed every year unless i cancelled it, and you must have been premium a lot longer than i have. i don't understand why it came as such a shock to you. didn't it automatically renew the previous years? also, your zonelistener account was started in may, and as far as i ever knew, that's your only premium account - why is it renewing in december? do you have another premium account?

sicy, i just cancelled my subscription. can i now assume that i will remain premium until march?
Old 12-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
I am going to go back to the basics of customer relations....I think the organization could simply remind the one providing money for this subscription a simple note that this is coming up.

IF there is not a script...CREATE ONE. If the owner can create InterferenceMedia...or ad adbite and googleanalytics...it could be done.

The question is where such database information is stored. If Interference holds the database of when everyone's subscription expires, then maybe it could be done. However, there's also a disconnect between PayPal and Interference, particularly in dealing with the free two months for many people. So even if such a script could be written, it would likely not work for many people, as PayPal automatically deducts on the same date every year, if you haven't gone into it and changed it; and then you wouldn't get an expiration notification, because you'd still have two months left.

Anyway, ideals aside, I'd say you have two options:

1) Cancelling the subscription in PayPal and keeping track of when your Premium Membership expires, so you can sign up again before it expires.

2) Request a refund for unauthorized charges.

The simplest solution would be if PayPal did notify you x amount of days before your payout. Apparently, though, such an option is not available. The "notification" they do provide currently is once a payment has already been made. I would agree that it would be a nice service to warn you ahead of time.

Melon
Old 12-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
jeff, i was aware that my membership would automatically be renewed every year unless i cancelled it, and you must have been premium a lot longer than i have. i don't understand why it came as such a shock to you. didn't it automatically renew the previous years? also, your zonelistener account was started in may, and as far as i ever knew, that's your only premium account - why is it renewing in december? do you have another premium account?
I was NOT aware of this when I signed up in 2003. Looking at my history I had two previous cancels...I DO NOT use PayPal for ANYTHING else except this. I have never purchased anything from E-bay or any other online group.

This happened last year, and I e-mail Joel an got some crappy, unfriendly e-mail back saying "no, you authorized it." I was equally as pissed of, but decided not to go any furhter. Two days ago, I asked a friend "when are Premiums due?" I mentioned the story. Today...I find the "You have been charged" email from PayPal. Again...nothing form InterfernceMedia (I have NEVER heard of InterferenceMedia until this e-mail came - and I CERTAINLY did not authorize the organiztion to take my PayPal money...and I WILL show the history here of that) warning me of this - OR notifying me of a name change.

Again, it was my understanding when I sgined up in 2003 that I was signing up for a year-long subscription to interference.com. Not a PayPal subscription. I could have read something wrong...but there is aslo COURTESY from a service. A note. A reminder would be a nice CUSTOMER SERVICE feature.

Further...the only reason I continue to pay $12 yearly is because I would hate to lose some of the PMs from the past. I DO not pay for Private Messaging at any other site I go to. There is no clear benefit to premium membership anymore. Searching: I got mocked recently when I dida search becuase EVEYONE can see what I searched. Not cool. Mr Pussy's: I post there occasionally...but it is harldy a benefit. Signature: yes...my drooling on charlie brown. Premium is obsolete.

Joel...How about providing some value as well as customer service!