Trouble with the forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I continue to have the same problems and I'm on Comcast. Now we're getting somewhere, lol!

To help us track this down it would be really great if you could run a traceroute when you have this problem and then post the results here. Basically this will show how many steps are being made from the server to your computer and how long each hop takes.

Here is some info on how to do this: In Windows, what is traceroute and how do I use it? - Knowledge Base

I tried to do this but I just get a message that says Unable to resolve target system name... followed by the page address I was trying to access. I don't get what I did wrong.

I'm Lila's other computer :gah: It's like every time I click on a link to go to the next page or to a different thread, I get the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Webpage". Then I refresh it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :fist:

Yeah, that's what's going on with me except I use Mozilla Firefox. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I ran a virus scan, cleaned out my temporary files, and have completed all Windows upgrades. It's driving me nuts at home. I can't even really post at home right now because it's so irritating. Work is still fine.

:banghead:

I was on it at home only briefly this morning but come to think of it, it didn't freeze once. I'll know more later.

I am on IE, and the past 30 minutes I kept getting a page cannot be found error. I checked with friends and they could still access the site.

Seems to be running smoothly for me now. Thanks to everyone who worked on this. :)

is the home page changing? It just took me a while to figure out how to get to the forum? anyone else having trouble?:huh:

i had the oddest trouble with the forums about an hour ago. it was only with the forums domain, the main page (interference.com obvs) still worked. whenever i clicked on any link with the address u2.interference.com, i got this:
picture2qmv.png

it's obviously working now so umm...yeah. :D

Khanda,

Let me know if that happens again. It looks like something to do with DNS since it's showing a totally unrelated domain landing page (as if the domain was not setup). I wonder if it could be something the ISP shows if they can't find a domain?

i had the oddest trouble with the forums about an hour ago. it was only with the forums domain, the main page (interference.com obvs) still worked. whenever i clicked on any link with the address u2.interference.com, i got this:
picture2qmv.png

Macs :drool:

I was having the same loading problems for a while too. Now I have a different problem, I sometimes can't seem to log on normally. Whenever I enter my username and password and click enter, the forums home page loads again without logging on (I used different browsers too). It's not constantly, just sometimes and even though I keep trying to log on it won't work. Then when I check back like a half hour later then I can log on normally again. Anyone else having this problem?

This forum has been acting all sorts of strange lately. The other night I posted and it didn't show that post in the search feature. It showed that the last person who posted and then I went into the thread and there I was. :huh:

I just tried to quote someone and it looked like I broke the thread! :lol:

Also, if you are not logged in and you are looking around the forums there are ads in people's posts.

This forum has been acting all sorts of strange lately. The other night I posted and it didn't show that post in the search feature. It showed that the last person who posted and then I went into the thread and there I was. :huh:

Dead zone is around 12:15am PST. Weird things happen for a few minutes as the servers get rebooted.

I just tried to quote someone and it looked like I broke the thread! :lol:

Was it a youtube video?

Also, if you are not logged in and you are looking around the forums there are ads in people's posts.

Yeah they are supposed to be there.

the forum crapped out for me a couple of times, just timing out the loading and ending in page cannot be found. It was about two hours ago when it last occured.

U2girl, the thing you did was quoting a youtube video in a spoiler tag, that fucks up the forum royally. Take out the tag or the youtube video and it's fine.

the forum crapped out for me a couple of times, just timing out the loading and ending in page cannot be found. It was about two hours ago when it last occured.

U2girl, the thing you did was quoting a youtube video in a spoiler tag, that fucks up the forum royally. Take out the tag or the youtube video and it's fine.

Ahhhh, thank you! :)

I was having the same loading problems for a while too. Now I have a different problem, I sometimes can't seem to log on normally. Whenever I enter my username and password and click enter, the forums home page loads again without logging on (I used different browsers too). It's not constantly, just sometimes and even though I keep trying to log on it won't work. Then when I check back like a half hour later then I can log on normally again. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, me briefly today. On both Firefox and Safari. Was logging in, got the welcome and then back to the page, but haven't been logged in.

Make sure you're checking the 'remember me' box. I think at a certain time of day (for me its around midnight - 12:30am PST) weird things happen for a while like read threads not staying marked as read, stuff like that. But it usually always corrects itself.

exact same problem. have a screenshot but it's taking way too long to upload right now.

Weird things are happening. Often time I'm posting on someone's profile page I get the following message after sending it:

I know from JanuaryStar that she is experiencing the same trouble. After refreshing the page the text shows up as being posted.

Weird things are happening. Often time I'm posting on someone's profile page I get the following message after sending it:

I know from JanuaryStar that she is experiencing the same trouble. After refreshing the page the text shows up as being posted.

Yup, it's true. It doesn't happen all the time and not with everybody's profile page, but with certain members when I post a profile comment it shows that there's an error, but it doesn't say what kind of error. Then when I refresh the page the comment does show up.

Back
Top Bottom