Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #151
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:16 AM
Yeah that's the message it kept giving me

Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #152
She's the One

Woah!!!

Many threads showed new posts, but they were from 3 days ago. FREAKY.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:16 AM
how cool, it's been ages since i've seen vote now as an option when i edit a post.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor

Thanks to it saying the last read post in this thread for me was on page 4, I accidentally re-read some posts in this thread from a few days ago. I see the go-to action when someone has a complaint to the owner of this site is for him to be a jackass. Good to know.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #155
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor

You're telling me that it's cool to ridicule a paying customer?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #157
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm telling you its not cool to call the website owner a jackass. I don't see how he was ridiculing anyone. He apologized for the trouble. So I guess he's not allowed to joke around (hence winking smilie) and anyone else can feel free to bitch at him and that's ok.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #158
The Male

You shouldn't bullshit with your customers like that (and, considering how little he interacts with the members on this forum, salesman is precisely the role he plays) if you expect them to return. Suggesting, even jokingly, that he would rather hand out a refund than have to hear any complaints/do his job is irresponsible. It was a stupid remark, and he should be called out on it. No harm in that, we've all said boneheaded things, including Ashley just now. "Jackass" isn't exactly helpful to anyone. However, when you're in a place of power, it kind of undermines your credibility.

I'm sorry, but a car that goes down a couple minutes a day is a lemon. You could drive the fucker 24 hours a day, but those couple of minutes could make all the difference in the wrong situation. Is that hyperbolic? Yes. But, by the same token, I'm glad that I haven't resubscribed, honestly. Offer a functioning product and I would have more incentive to do so.

Love the people here, but every third post offers me a different kind of headache.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #159
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You make valid points and I agree with most of it, as I can relate to the headaches with all the trouble the forum has been having. I've expressed it a few times in this thread. It's much more productive to explain your thoughts and frustrations in an adult manner as you did than to simply call him a jackass. I'm sorry but I just didnt feel that that was an appropriate way to get the point across.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor

I also wrote that post in about 3 seconds, and while I still feel the same way, no it wasn't the best way to sum it up.

I'm tired of the blank white screens, this has been going on for a lot longer than a few weeks. This inability to see what posts I've already read has actually caused me to not visit the site except for a couple of threads I go to regularly enough to know what I've already read. And I'm also tired of how little gets done around here when things are always taken as good suggestions you tell us you'll talk to Andy about (re: Mobile Version of Website).

And when Andy does show up, that's how he talks to someone? I honestly don't believe it's ok to joke around with someone that pays you in a way that suggests, "if you've got a problem with it, just leave."
Old 04-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:16 AM
I assume you're all talking about Andy's response to me?

I wrote my original post in bemused frustration. I wasn't seriously angry, because after all, who writes a serious post of complaint, and then signs it "Love, [whoever] xoxo?" No one. Also, I tend to use the smiley in a joking way, to express faux anger. But yeah, I was mildly irritated with the site by then.

I was sort of taken aback by his reply. It started out nice enough, and then it was all "But..." It basically sounded to me like he was telling me to be satisfied with the rate that the site has been operating at, to stfu and quit complaining, and if I didn't like it, here's my money, and there's the door. I thought it was a little assy, too. In all fairness though, I don't know Andy, and maybe that wasn't his intention. Whatever the case, since then, I've been spending less time around here, too.

Oh, and about putting up with ads? I'm sure we're all familiar with Ad Block. So that's not even an issue.

Ashley, Travis, thanks for the support.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 11:16 AM
Having barely been on the site in recent weeks (ok, make that months), I obviously cannot comment on its problems as I haven't had to deal with them. However, in my recent wanderings, I have noticed some random quirks that I've just ignored.

But, that's besides the point. Tonight I was bored and decided to skim some recent threads, and I too was taken aback by Andy's response to VP. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't intend it to sound the way it did....but that doesn't change its inappropriate tone. And I will say it's not the first time I've felt he's responded in such a manner to people's queries/complaints. Again, perhaps that's just the way he is, but with so little interaction with him, it's hard to judge.

And do *not* get me started on the ads.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #163
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:16 AM
Sorry if my reply was interpreted as not caring, that's 100% not the case. I understand your frustration and share it with you. The server admins did not work over the weekend so they were unable to address the session issue until yesterday.

My offering a refund was not intended to sound rude but was meant as a sincere offer if you are displeased with the service of the site. I appreciate your support through upgrades, it means a lot and helps keep the site running, we barely cover our hosting and maintenance costs. Even more so, I appreciate your patience when we have downtime and your understanding that everyone makes mistakes and we try to correct them as soon as possible.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 AM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
I appreciate your support through upgrades, it means a lot and helps keep the site running, we barely cover our hosting and maintenance costs.

from late 2008:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We are currently losing money every month so the costs to run the site are negative.
baby steps, sounds like things are getting better at least?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #165
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I just realized I havent had any issues at all for over a week. Thanks for fixing whatever was broke!