Time zone issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Hi... I'm currently on +10 GMT (Melbourne, Australia DST), but that's now giving me a Local Time an hour later than it really is here, and changing to +9 puts it an hour earlier than the real time. We're still on Daylight Savings time, and I think the USA just changed to DST, so maybe that's confused the settings?

(I tried +11 too, that gives me the same Local Time as +10 does.)

does it get fixed if you change it back to +10 but turn the dst setting to off? i think i remember this happening every year for those months where dst is going in both parts of the world, but i can't remember if there's a fix other than changing individual settings.

i'm glad i have my time still set to us time (mainly so i can always remember what time it is for my mom), but i run into this problem on other forums too, where i have it set to nz's time zone.

i should also mention it doesn't even work right for me, even though i have my time zone set to central. if i leave it to automatically detect dst settings, nothing happens. i have to manually turn it on and off. i forgot about that until i noticed the time didn't change for me on here.

I think I'd forgotten that this happens every year, oops!

I left it on +10 over night (with "Auto detect DST" on) and now it's showing the right time - I think maybe it was just a temporary thing when the US and Aus were on different days, now the date line has caught us up and everything's good.

Sorry! :reject:

Back
Top Bottom