Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
Oh, as if we hadn't guessed that

Now, if you want to provide us with some new information, you'll tell us who your partner in crime was.
it was fake edge

Old 02-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:17 PM
fake edge is disgusting

Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

I heard it was Jick2.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #79
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:17 PM
this isn't a joke thread, guys. stop fooling around and only reply if you have something constructive to add to this thread.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #80
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:17 AM
I'd just like to make two points here.

1. What if someone did genuinely think each thread is worth only one star? Are they still a "forum terrorist" just for exercising a feature that is designed to allow them to give their opinion on a thread?
2. If someone had gone around rating each thread five stars, I'm sure people would be wondering what "wonderful" person did that. Hypocrisy, anyone? Is an opinion on a thread's rating only valid if someone's being positive? What's wrong with negative opinions; do we all need to be protected from the big bad people who don't think like us?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Axver
Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

2. If someone had gone around rating each thread five stars, I'm sure people would be wondering what "wonderful" person did that. Hypocrisy, anyone? Is an opinion on a thread's rating only valid if someone's being positive? What's wrong with negative opinions; do we all need to be protected from the big bad people who don't think like us?
this is a very compelling point.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #83
The Fly

Local Time: 07:17 PM
I dont see a problem about the rating
Old 02-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #84
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'd just like to make two points here.

1. What if someone did genuinely think each thread is worth only one star? Are they still a "forum terrorist" just for exercising a feature that is designed to allow them to give their opinion on a thread?
Whether or not the threads were rated 1 star or 5, it is still a form of trolling, which is not allowed here. They did not do it to actually rate their opinion on each thread, they did it because they were 'bored'.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Ok, wel what if I went around and rated every game and chat thread 1 star. I'd probably be banned for terrorism or something. But to me each of those threads are 1 star threads. So would I get banned if I went and voted how I honestly felt? Isn't that what the rating system is for?

And actually, to me Fan Fic threads are all 1 star threads to me too. No offense to anybody who writes it or loves to read it, if they love it great. But to me, I'd honestly vote them 1 star.

So can I have access back to the Fan Fic forum since I gave my true feelings there?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
my threads get rated.....i DONT care.......and i dont think any one else cares!!its just what i was think so dont be all mad
Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #87
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Whether or not the threads were rated 1 star or 5, it is still a form of trolling, which is not allowed here. They did not do it to actually rate their opinion on each thread, they did it because they were 'bored'.
But what if someone did do that to convey their opinion, rather than just being bored? I feel the same way as Chizip does about fanfic - in fact, I think one star is too good for that stuff.

Or what if someone hates sport and gives one star to all the PEUP threads? That's their honest opinion, but are they still a "forum terrorist" and a "troll" according to you? At what point does rating threads go from being permissible to trolling?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:17 PM
I imagine this has already been mentioned before and I'm not all that familiar with rating threads (hell, even when I plan to rate one I generally forget ), but I think you should have to actually post in a thread to be able to rate it. Is that the way it is now, or can you rate one without posting in it?

And I also think how you rate a thread should show up in the thread, if that is possible. What would be perfect (to me anyway) is if you want to rate a thread, you have to post a reply and the rating you make would show up in that reply. If you have an opinion you feel compelled to make you should have the guts to stand behind it.

If it's a lot of work to make happen though, it's not really worth it. But it would be nice if it was easy.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:17 PM
I think more than a few people around here want to rate the entire PLEBA board with one star. Maybe that just would have been easier , but not as entertaining.

I still don't see how anyone's feeling could be crushed about getting one star. At least they have little gold stars.
I never got any gold stars in elementary school. I was deprived. And look what happened to me.
I want a gold star.
It's making me entire life a sham. No rewards for my work.
One star is better than none.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
If you have an opinion you feel compelled to make you should have the guts to stand behind it.

If it's a lot of work to make happen though, it's not really worth it. But it would be nice if it was easy.
That's a great idea. I've never paid much attention to the ratings, however. I think the only one I did rate (and rate highly) was the O RLY thread....