Thread Ratings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screwtape2 said:
The only things I see thread ratings for are when people want to show thier displeasure with a topic. If most people only use them in a negative or hurtful way that adds nothing to a thread, what's the point in keeping them around?

I personally dont have a problem with it. I think there are some threads and thread starters that deserve it. They do it to be instigators anyway, so they probably enjoy getting a negative rating as pathetic as that may be. :shrug:

Re: Re: Thread Ratings

Blue Room said:

I personally dont have a problem with it. I think there are some threads and thread starters that deserve it. They do it to be instigators anyway, so they probably enjoy getting a negative rating as pathetic as that may be. :shrug:

I personally find it more pathetic wasting your time giving threads a negative rating, just because you don't like the thread starter.

Clearly, I have better things to do with my time than worry about ranking a thread. Had I really wanted to do so at any point in time since 2002, I could have figured it out.

:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Thread Ratings

Copy said:

I personally find it more pathetic wasting your time giving threads a negative rating, just because you don't like the thread starter.

:hmm: lets see, taking the time to start a whole thread to be ridiculous and start trouble on purpose or taking 2 seconds to rate it negatively. Which is more of a waste of time? :lol: Sorry, a person that purposely comes here to instigate and start trouble is pathetic. I dont understand how a person simply rating a thread that an instigator has spent some time thinking about and starting a one star (which takes a couple of seconds) is more pathetic?? They arent.

Also, I never said I rate them negatively. I just said I dont have a problem with it (see above and my prior post as to why). I think I have rated about 3 threads total in the 7 years I have been on this board and they werent all negative ratings. I would rather just tell the poster they are a piece of crap, but we arent allowed to do that. :wink: :lol:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thread Ratings

Blue Room said:

I would rather just tell the poster they are a piece of crap, but we arent allowed to do that. :wink: :lol:

I think you should do that. :yes: We're dying for some IB action. :wink:

Sicy said:
I personally dont see why we need them but the board owner feels differently so :shrug:

:huh:

I still do not get the argument FOR - but it is one of those discussions that we have...well, we are on like our fourth dead horse I think!

Back
Top Bottom