Thread preview/mouse over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
Does this function help out with cutting down bandwidth at all?
I love the feature, esp. for threads with not so specific titles, saves having to click and not be interested in the contents.
Other VB's I'm on use it, and I think it would be handy here.

Just wondering if it's ever been a consideration for these boards...

*edit
Or is this a totally stupid observation because that is something that comes with Premium Membership?
If so, I do appologise, I tried to find it mentioned and didn't so I thought I'd ask

:reject:

Last edited:
It's a cool feature, I've seen it on other boards. Not sure if it can be incorporated here though.

You probably would need to upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin, 3.0.7.

However, Elvis has mentioned that this board is so very customized that it would be very difficult to upgrade to version 3, so that's why it hasn't been done.

Melon

ive always found that feature very annoying

have we become so lazy as a society that clicking a button has become burdensome?

(no offense to the creator of this thread)

Last edited:
It does sound cool though. I've seen it around myself too. :drool:
Mouseover = forum magic lol.

But I also understand how with a lot of custom settings, you wouldn't want to try something new that'd jeopardize them.

Chizip said:
ive always found that feature very annoying

have we become so lazy as a society that clicking a button has become burdensome?

(no offense to the creator of this thread)

That reminds me of a person at another board complaining about iPods suck because you (in her opinion) have to press on the click wheel way too hard. :der:

Bonochick said:

That reminds me of a person at another board complaining about iPods suck because you (in her opinion) have to press on the click wheel way too hard. :der:

Ha! How would she have managed in the "dark ages" when people had to turn the record over to hear the other side? :yikes:

I asked a few months ago about upgrading and Elvis mentioned a lot of custom code. There is so many new features in vB that I wonder how much "custom code" is not already either in vB3 or couldn't be added with some ease.

Any ideas of the "custom code" that was hard to implement? Or a list?

But in the B&C index, this feature would be especially useful. Because if you're searching for a thread about, I dunno, Coldplay's 3rd single from their Parachutes album then it can be very time consuming having to open up each one of the 1,999.9 threads that have already been started on Coldplay on the off-chance that a thread has already been started on the subject which might not even be the case but you won't find out till you've opened up each link!

But if it can't be done. Then it can't be done.

PS. I know I'm exaggerating.

indra said:

Ha! How would she have managed in the "dark ages" when people had to turn the record over to hear the other side? :yikes:

Can you imagine explaining the concept of putting a nickel on the needle to stop the record from skipping?

BonosSaint said:

Can you imagine explaining the concept of putting a nickel on the needle to stop the record from skipping?

I have an antiques record player I have to actually wind.

Back
Top Bottom