Thread movements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
Just curious as to the policy on moving threads. Twice I have started silly threads and twice they have been moved to the Bang and the Clatter because there was a reference to someone who works in the music industry.

My undertanding is the Bang and the Clatter is a serious forum for people to discuss non U2 music in an intelligent, reasoned fashion. Most of the threads I start are silly and not remotely intelligent nor reasoned. By moving my silly threads into a serious forum it maybe percieved by some I am mocking their forum. This is not the case.

Is there some kind of rule that ANY thread mentioning music other than U2 is moved to the Bang and the Clatter regardless of the seriousness of the 'discussion'. If so can I lodge a polite objection. I personally thought the silly threads should all be contained in Lemonade Stand, IO and Pussy. Is this not correct? :huh:

I move threads related to music and musicans not associated with U2 to Just The Bang And The Clatter.

Forum description:

"General music discussion area!"

"General" is a pretty broad term, so I include all music threads there.

i've never moved any of your silly threads, but i can tell you my policy for the forums i mod.

if someone starts a thread in eykiw that kinda relates to a member of U2, it stays in there. but if it's more of a comparison thing, i'll move it to bang and clatter. i don't have any real set rules i use, i just try to see really if the thread's more about U2 or its members, or about some other band.

as for what gets moved to the mp3s forum or all i want is U2, well, it's really simple. if someone's asking for mp3s, i'll move it to the mp3s forum. if they're wanting boots, i move it to the other. videos are kinda difficult to judge, so i usually keep them in aiwiu2. i figure they're not mp3s, so :huh:

i know that didn't answer your question, but i thought this could also be a thread for mods to post in and mayhaps explain why they move threads so people won't think it's personal.

Bonochick said:
"General" is a pretty broad term, so I include all music threads there.

But my thread wasnt about music. It mentioned someone some people may well consider a musician but there was no reference to music, quite the opposite in fact.

I notice that other threads dont get moved. Theres one in Zoo Confessionals that mentions musicans but it hasnt been moved, and rightly so.

I get a little perturbed about threads I make in jest being moved to a serious forum. I dont want the Bang and the Clatter people to feel like Im mocking them, cause Im not.

It makes me hesitant to start silly threads as Im not sure they will stay in the silly forums and thus be taken out of context.

As a rule, I dont think B and C has ever been considered a "serious" forum. Most of the threads incidentally are, but we have had some pearlers which aren't. The definition of non serious around here is highlighted by IO, then Lem Stand and Pussy's for the Prems. Which you know already anyway. That doesn't mean all silly ones go to one of the 3, or alternatively the rest of the forums regardless, cannot have their share of stupidity. I think to limit the light heartedness to 3 or so is too limiting and to be honest an overall bad idea.
But that is on the forums in general.

Your thread specifically was about a musician (debateable as that might be lol). I take it you are talking about your letter to Enrique. It is more about a musician than it is a joke. Even though it's sole intention was a joke...I dont think this has come across too clearly, but music themes in general go in the music forum. There are serious threads, dumb threads, heated threads, meaningless and boring threads. Like all the others. It is first defined by topic, then style.

If it bothers you we can move it back. I wouldn't worry about the folks of B and C getting the wrong idea though. Everyone takes the piss every now and then.

b&c needs silly threads. otherwise people come in and start whining about how band x or y isn't adequatly worshiped and then all hell breaks lose.

Back
Top Bottom