Thread Closure Due To Technical Reasons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
Just noticed that a lot of the large threads have been closed today.

I was wondering/hoping if this was to facilitiate archiving and will speed up Interference? :hyper:

Basically... the last few days have brought VERY heavy traffic to Interference... and unfortunately because of this we've exposed some weaknesses in having such a massive database....

One of the main things causing slowness are the threads with over 1000 posts... and since the majority of those are name games, I'm closing them... and most likely they'll end up being removed in the long run.

It is fine to play the games, however know from this point forward that threads may be closed/removed when they've 'outlasted their life span'

Kewl. Figured as much.

Im not so concerned about the games threads as they are a load of crap anyway. (I say that as one of the more frequent participants in those threads) :D

As the starter of the food game thread I give you permission (on your own web site :D ) to delete that thread now. There is no historical value in that particular thread.

So if we have threads like What Are You Listening To - Sep 2004, and then later do another one for Oct 2004 and on and on, that is okay? (The baby boards Im on are run like this.)

Last edited:
Oh ABEL.....

You know you can forward a text version of it to your email address if you really care to peruse it's 20,000+ pages.

:crack:

uh...i thought that only emails a link? how do you email a text version? :der:

Oh and is this when the Companys Computer Guy emerges, blinking, from the basement to tell everybody to cull their inboxes as the servers are full?

Do you want us to clean out our pms too?

Actually, I will do that anyway.

Cheers, keep up the good work :up:

Last edited:
thanks for letting me know. i know i'm being silly for wanting to keep it but it's where rono and i first met and i guess i'm just being sentimental about it :wink:

oh well. I'm leaving their two picture threads for now...
We're gonna have a new policy on thread length.... REAL soon ;)

evil threads:lmao:
I can hardly think of less evil people than marty and ABEL.
I was a witness to it all ABEL :heart: I feel priveleged :cute:
I'll give my condensed version in a pm to you. He admires your independence and humour, fairness , abilities and talent,...I'll pm you:)
oh Elvis. I rarely do this :hug:
you sure have one popular site, and it can only expand due to the vast talent of U2 and their next album :applaud:
Thanks for all you do
U2 forever...... posts in moderation
:)

Angela Harlem said:
no!!!!!
:grumpy:

*smiling on the inside*

I wasnt smiling. :| I've been working on this f*cking problem for 4 days. I got a total of about 13 hours of sleep over a 3+ day period.

I think we should have a new membership level:
Premium Server Killer Membership @$50/mo.

;)

*smiling on the inside*

I was wondering what happened to the extra long PLEBAns thread, this answers my questions.

I understand, the games are fun to play at the time but they must be a burden on the server to have to save all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom