The title of this Forum - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2003, 12:32 AM   #1
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,835
Local Time: 04:47 AM
The title of this Forum

I'm having very mixed thoughts coming into this forum regularly and seeing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" being used as the title.

If I take it one way, I see the US playing the heavy and killing innocent civilians as did the Brits in 1972.

SO in that extreme comparison maybe it's entirely appropriate after all.

But my gut leaves me feeling like we are taking a very serious topic, that of the problems in Northern Ireland, in vain by comparing it to the situation with Iraq.

Anyone? Or maybe the creator could offer some rationale?


Well in advance I suggest the title could be "ZOO Part 2" or maybe "Zoo Redux"..
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:39 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 03:47 AM
this belongs in "don't expect, suggest"



and personally i think we're looking too much into all of this.
__________________

__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #3
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,835
Local Time: 04:47 AM
Cool..no diff to me..

My Zoo reference I think fits more appropriately, given that Iraq part one was the thing during the Zoo tour..so we could be entering a new stage of Zoo-ness.

Welcome to the Zoo, y'all..
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:51 AM   #4
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Re: The title of this Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
I'm having very mixed thoughts coming into this forum regularly and seeing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" being used as the title.

If I take it one way, I see the US playing the heavy and killing innocent civilians as did the Brits in 1972.

SO in that extreme comparison maybe it's entirely appropriate after all.

But my gut leaves me feeling like we are taking a very serious topic, that of the problems in Northern Ireland, in vain by comparing it to the situation with Iraq.

Anyone? Or maybe the creator could offer some rationale?


Well in advance I suggest the title could be "ZOO Part 2" or maybe "Zoo Redux"..

Usually we name forums after something of significance to the topic in relation to U2.....

Sunday Bloody Sunday is something that stirs up A LOT of emotion, and is surrounded by violence, politics, and controversy....

Don't you think that fits?
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #5
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,835
Local Time: 04:47 AM
Normal

I think in that sense there is a correlation in that the two are violent controversial and usually invoke impassioned arguments..

Whereas the appropriateness is what I question, put it to you this way its something thats very painful for people of Irish descent to think about, and the topic of Iraq is volatile on its own without heaping the added imagery of the Irish tragedy in 1972 on top of it.

Then again, U2 had a laugh at themselves by having John Madden make a pun of the title during the Stuck video so maybe I'm just oversensitive.

Also I dont see anyone else upset by it too much...

I dunno...

I just feel like I'm entering another Zoo era...like Im watching CNN reruns or something...
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 04:47 AM
Hmmm..isn't there a song off the Joshua tree that has more to do with US Bombing? Is that in use?

Sunday Bloody Sunday has a different meaning to me than the subject inside. While "Bullet the Blue Sky" is probably more in line with the material inside.

By the way I think this is excellent. FYM might get some new topics.

Peace
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 09:52 AM   #7
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 04:47 AM
How bout just 'War'. I think that says it pretty good.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:16 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 03:47 AM
*if* we are going to change it, it's going to probably just be 'war.'


remembering that 'bullet the blue sky' has many, many implications that people could say are inappropriate too.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 12:18 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 04:47 AM
Re: Re: The title of this Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis



Sunday Bloody Sunday is something that stirs up A LOT of emotion, and is surrounded by violence, politics, and controversy....

Don't you think that fits?


Yes.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Re: Re: The title of this Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis



Usually we name forums after something of significance to the topic in relation to U2.....

Sunday Bloody Sunday is something that stirs up A LOT of emotion, and is surrounded by violence, politics, and controversy....

Don't you think that fits?

Yes. Controversy, controversy and more controversy. Fits like a glove.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 03-15-2003, 04:07 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 09:47 AM
"War" is better. It's much more neutral.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 03-16-2003, 01:42 AM   #12
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
"War" is better. It's much more neutral.

It was changed today.
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 03-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #13
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:47 AM
I know this is said and done but its bugging me and I just want to say I saw NOTHING at all wrong with the old title of the forum. I'm fine with the title being "War" as well but I didnt think it needed to be changed.

Personally I think it was just something else for gabriel to whine about.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com