...the hell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
So...this is acceptable:

But this is not?

attachment.php

DOUBLE STANDARD. This is why I damn refused to take it off when it was in my sig, cause it's a double friggin hypocritical standard.

Please remove Dreadsox's sig or reinstate mine. Otherwise I will kick up the biggest fuss you have seen in a while.

Dave,
I have discussed this with higher powers. Your sig can be re-instated if that's what you wish.

Send me what you want and I'll put it in your sig.

actually...the difference, from my perspective, is that DaveC's signature offends a nation.

Maybe people haven't seen the movie "Miracle" and how important the USA Hockey team was to a country in 1980....but just maybe if you see the movie, you will know what I mean.

Dread's signature deals with a major league baseball team...a corporate identity...it is similar to "x"ing out Wal-Mart or mocking McDonalds. crossing out something that says USA is a completely different story.

I will not stand having someone having a signature with my country crossed-out! I am sure that I would be forced to take down a signature that waved other offensive signs/banners, such as the a dixie flag or something in the same light as Outkast dressing as indians with tee-pees.

Finally, giving in to someone's immature demands like "I am going to raise a big fuss" is beyond ludacris.

Last edited:
Actually zoney...

His image is a crossed out USA HOCKEY image... not a crossed out american flag, nor just a crossed out USA.

Do you have some other 'evidence' that points to DaveC being anti-American?

Elvis said:
Actually zoney...

His image is a crossed out USA HOCKEY image... not a crossed out american flag, nor just a crossed out USA.

Do you have some other 'evidence' that points to DaveC being anti-American?

I have a few points here:

First...USA Hockey. Tell me something - when these players take the ice, who do they represent? The United States of America.

I hate to harp on this, and you may be a bit too young to remember 1980, but the USA Hockey team allowed Americans to feel something that was difficult to come by for a few years: pride. I remember the hostage crisis, sitting in long lines waiting for gas with my mother (HOURS), Jimmy Carter's struggles in office and the Cold War. The USA HOCKEY team that year gave Americans something to feel good about being American. They represented our country.

The 1980 USA Hockey team is not much different than the 2004 juniors team that overcame adversity to beat a much better Canadian team - but of course, VERY FEW Americans know or care. Does not matter, these "juniors" (who are about the same age as the 1980 USA team) still represent our nation.

Second...this game happened in EARLY Jan. It seems like an odd signature (out of place) almost three months later...which leads me to believe that if someone is going to "DEMAND" that a signature be reinstated, that it is only for the purpose to further annoy people. Doesn't seem very mature (And I KNOW about not being mature :wink: ).

So, do you give into the demands of this individual, who plans to "make the biggest fuss you have seen in a while"? I guess that is your decision.

edited for spelling :down:

Last edited:
BTW...

Last time this issue was discussed (Jan.) - I let myself get WAY too hot and did not handle it in a mature way. I will freely admit that. My apologies.

Zoney... You're reading A LOT into DaveC's signature.... assuming a lot... and actually suggesting he has some alterior motive against the USA. Read the FAQ.

DaveC... Drop this topic, move on. The time for this has come and gone. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom