Superficial Site Makeover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Alright...I don't know what is up everyone's sleeves here, but, barring that, here are my ideas. Ignore them if you'd prefer.

--There is enough content on the main page that we no longer need the "We're dreaming it up" martinis on the top of the main page. I'd say let's give it a nice superficial makeover with new colors and a new logo (I think the logo on "u2wdd.org" is quite cool, actually). Make it a nice monochromatic color scheme to go with the ATYCLB B/W motif, and I think it would be all set.

--Change the forum colors and fonts to reflect the changes. I have a fondness for Verdana myself, and I see it is on both PCs and Macs.

Anyhow, as a new media artist by trade (that's what I really do here in the real world; none of that FYM politics stuff :tongue:), I'd be willing to make a prototype of what I mean, if you're interested.

Just some thoughts...

Melon

There's already a new color scheme/main page remodel in progress. :)

Sicy said:
It has to be a font that is for sure available on every OS.

I know, I know...but I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and I have a terrible sense of humor. My AIM away message tells people I'm taking naps when, in reality, I am reading threads on Interference or playing around with browser wallpaper and weird stuff like that. I'm such a liar.

Isn't there a way you can set up the fonts where, if a user doesn't have the font, it goes to default Arial or Times New Roman or something? I mean, it'll go to the user's default anyway if the font isn't on their computer, right?

But of course we don't want to leave anyone out. One vote for Verdana here. :yes:

Well.. that's not the final draft. The colors will probly be lighter.

So in my dream last night I logged on to the new Interference, and the new background color was deep navy blue. The screen where the writing was was a bright kelly green. It was all very hard to read! :ohmy: Plus, the damn screen kept moving so you could read all the credits for the new place.

I was unhappy.

:reject:

andrew mellon was on my history test friday -it was exciting

melon said:
(that's what I really do here in the real world; none of that FYM politics stuff :tongue:)

Melon

I thought you were running for president :sigh:

*votes melon anyway

Re: andrew mellon was on my history test friday -it was exciting

Lilly said:

I thought you were running for president :sigh:

*votes melon anyway

But I am...in 2016. I have to do something in the meantime, now don't I? :sexywink:

*going to try for a Ph.D at MIT

Melon

Back
Top Bottom