Status

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fly on the wall

The Fly
Get rid of em.

From early on, we think we need to obtain a specific status in the community. Some will do anything to gain that status. I think we would all agree we wouldn't have as many problems in this world if "status" wasn't in our vocab or in our minds...all equal beings.

Same here at Interference. I see so many people posting to gain a "status" - but what for? What does this status give you? A discount on the premium membership? the automatic love and admiration of everyone who posts at Interference.com? a new car?

So, I would suggest breaking down barriers....and getting rid of the status in the username profile.

~zonelistener

The statuses here are fun. I don't think it's that big of a deal...just an extra U2-ey touch.

I'm not sure the "status" thing really means anything. Most people just post (excuse my language..) Crap, just for the posting. I've been reading this site for a long time now, I'm still a babyface. who really looks at the status anyway, well then again do you all?

Every single message board on the planet has status's.

If you're talking about custom status, I dont see it as big a deal as it once was back in the day.

Any other gripes while you're here? :p

So its upping the post count for the sake of it or the reaching of an actual Interference status? I agree there is a fine line between them at times.

Hello,

I agree that it is a non-issue. In a way status says nothing. Only this week I began posting in a thread just for posting reasons. It's fun while it lasts, but it doesn't say anything. As Bonochick said, a status is just an extra U2-ey touch. When people do want to put extra value to it, then I think it's more of a problem for that person than it is for the status-status (if that last word makes sense :)).

C ya!

Marty

I think the status things are fun. Everyone knows it's not like you're suddenly a cooler person if your status says "Acrobat" instead of "The Fly" or something. It's just a bit of fun. And as Sicy said, almost every message board you visit has a status system -- it's just another little unique factor in each message board. So I say keep the statuses, if for no other reason than I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to spell statuses. :reject:

*Fizz.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I think the status things are fun. Everyone knows it's not like you're suddenly a cooler person if your status says "Acrobat" instead of "The Fly" or something. It's just a bit of fun. And as Sicy said, almost every message board you visit has a status system -- it's just another little unique factor in each message board. So I say keep the statuses, if for no other reason than I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to spell statuses. :reject:

*Fizz.

I still mourn the day I didn't have the Acrobat status anymore... :sad:
Is it possible to go back to a status? :)

C ya!

Marty

If someone posts and posts to get a status they will lose it if they continue posting........ I really doubt anyone here posts to get a certain status

am I making sense? Probably not

I wonder if they're new to U2 or just new to Interland. And if they're new to U2 then I bet they're having as much fun as I did listening to all U2's albums when I first started listening to them. :)

if i see newbies in the newbie forum: i think 'hi what's up?' (mutters to self--they'll never post anywhere else i bet.)

if i see them anywhere else, i usually don't notice they're newbies.

the only time i ever posted specifically for seeing what my status changed to was cos i was sick of it saying FOB. personally, i think 'certifiably insane' would be a lot more accurate than the ONE thing it says now :wink:

Last edited:
I cant believe IWasbored has over 10,000 posts and she's not a premium member.

hihihihihihihihihihhihihihihihi

mellyinsf said:
what do you guys all think when you see babyfaces entering conversations

I want the truth now:eyebrow:

To be honest with you....I never look at the status. They shouldn't mean anything. I'll look at the name and the post count, and if they are new to me, probably their profile (see a little more information on them before I can pass judgement on the silly crap they just posted). :wink:

martha said:

I only do a double take at status if the post is particularly inane or if the poster doesn't yet know all the little trivial bullshit the oldbies know.

oldbies sounds so bad - Id prefer to be a "newbie"

I never really pay attention to anyone's post count - I usually know who is posting because of hteir avatar and if someone new posts I briefly glimpse at their name

:shrug:

i think there should be a new status for like every 10 posts

its too hard to get to new levels :mad:

Back
Top Bottom