Spyware associated w/this site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floridita727

The Fly
Last week & This week I've had an AntiVirus Rogue spyware infect 2 comps:( My home & my work comp. I think its associated w/this site bc I've never had this prob before & I've only recently started visiting here. It sucks bc I'm scared to visit here now. I will say my home comps protection was lacking but I didnt expect my work comp to be affected. I guess thier protection sys. is crap too. So I was wondering if anyone else here had this prob also. I know theres an option to buy a premium membership here. How much is it? Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

what was it called? i just had to do a full system restore on my laptop today (luckily we don't have any files saved on it). mine was called "banker.a" and pretty much took over the entire system, trying to make me purchase antivirus software.

On both my comps it appears as a Windows Security Alert. Its actually called AntiVirus 2009. Its a rogue spyware. It wants to trick you into going to their site to buy their antisoftware. It messes up your proxy settings & prevents you frm accessing the internet. :(

On both my comps it appears as a Windows Security Alert. Its actually called AntiVirus 2009. Its a rogue spyware. It wants to trick you into going to their site to buy their antisoftware. It messes up your proxy settings & prevents you frm accessing the internet. :(

yep. i had the same exact symptoms. just happened yesterday around mid afternoon. it sucks. like i said, i had to do a restore just to get rid of it.

yeah, i really don't think it would come from this site either. weird coincidence though, huh?

Weren't there similar issues around the time we were hacked by the Russkies a few months ago?

I've gotten that Antivirus thing before. I got it from msn.com. :huh: If you don't close the window immediately when you see it pop up, it installs itself. Even after uninstalling it on the Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel, it was still there. I used the information in this link to get rid of it. Stinking, nasty piece of work that one is.

I've gotten that Antivirus thing before. I got it from msn.com. :huh: If you don't close the window immediately when you see it pop up, it installs itself. Even after uninstalling it on the Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel, it was still there. I used the information in this link to get rid of it. Stinking, nasty piece of work that one is.

yeah, i wish i could have seen where i got the banker.a virus. it compromised my entire system. what a bitch that was.

Back
Top Bottom