Specific Discussion Forums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zepher25

Acrobat
it my thought that Its a musical journey should be sub divided into forums specifically for discussing Lyrics and their meanings and Videos with discussion about meanings of them, i think this would reduce cluttering, i've seen other forums sites related to U2 that use this sort of section to good effect. so whats everyones thoughts on this suggestion?- and don't worry if you want to critisize my idea i can take it.

Nice suggestion but there is no way that will happen. It's a Musical Journey is not a forum that is busy enough to divide it into subforums. In fact people have suggested in the past that we actually merge that forum into a busier forum.

zepher25 said:
fair enough-btw, allowing non premium members to search would be real nice, just a thought

That's been discussed before, but it's not likely to happen. It's a good incentive/benefit of a premium membership. It also wouldn't really be fair for the people who paid for premium memberships to suddenly have one of the perks they paid for be available to everyone.

yeah, i see that, but it would massively reduce reposts, people can't be bothered reating through 200 pages of threads before starting a new one

Well I think I answered the original question to this thread.

Should anything change I'll let you know.

I know you closed it, Sicy, but I'm just gonna address this, as I don't think a response will be required anyway.

zepher25 said:
yeah, i see that, but it would massively reduce reposts, people can't be bothered reating through 200 pages of threads before starting a new one

If a thread is 200 pages back...you don't need to bump that one. :lol: A new one can be started. If you glance at AT LEAST the first page...if not going to the second or third...to make somewhat of an effort to see if something has already been posted, that is appreciated. I think what irks people more than anything is when somebody posts something that was just very recently discussed. However, it can be difficult sometimes because people don't always use very clear, descriptive thread titles. But that's also why we have the functions to lock and merge threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom