Something attacking my computer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyAlways

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, recently when I browse Zoo Station my anit virus software will pop up and tell me an attempt to attack my computer was blocked. This happens most often when I click on the Lost thread.

Could there be something in the forum doing this?
Is it just me?
When this happens I can't access Interference unless I restart my computer. My virus scans are up to date and I have a spyware sweeper so my computer is pretty clean. Next time it happens I'll post the 'location' of the 'attacker.'

The same thing happens to me, only in the Lost thread..that's why I don't go to that thread anymore

I have a firewall so it's not that, my scans and spyware stuff are all up to date as well

Most likely it's someone's image posted in a post or a signature... which actually is able to set a cookie, etc... but is setting off your software to think its an 'attack'.

I need to know:
Are you using XP, 2000, Linux, Mac, 98, ME?
What browser?
What Antivirus software do you have?
What Firewall software do you have?
What is the URL of the page where this happens?
What is the EXACT message your warning gives?

It happens on the computer I use that has XP, Norton Anti-virus and firewall, w/ Mozilla Firefox. I use the Microsoft Security Center firewall too

It has happened on several pages of the Lost thread for me, so I don't have an exact URL. I was able to post in and read in that thread until the problem started, so whenever my last post in that thread was would indicate.

I have gotten a few messages about attacks but I didn't associate it w/ that thread since like I said I avoid it now.

But it is the same thing WildHoneyAlways mentioned, I can't access Interference after trying to view that thread w/ out restarting my computer-I tested it today and it happened again, but I didn't get any warning about attacks, etc.

First off, running TWO firewall applications could be causing some serious problems. Today, as soon as you visited that thread... it blocked all of Interference?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
never run more than one firewall or more than one anti-virus software at a time.

Running more than one anti-virus at a time CAN actually destroy your files/operating system/etc.

actually that's wrong, not two firewalls on the same computer

It only happens to me on the Lost thread- as soon as I go to that thread at all, afterwards I cannot access Interference without restarting my computer. It never happens at all in any other thread in that forum that I read/post in or in any thread in any other forums here. So yes as soon as I visited that thread yesterday I had to restart my computer to access Interference again.

I've combed through that entire thread looking for anything... image, script, cookie, etc... that would cause some adverse reaction by firewall software, and at the same time is unique to that thread.... I cant find ANYTHING.

I would strongly urge you to contact the company for support which makes your firewall software.

The Lost thread strikes again.

When I go to the last page I can't access interference anymore. Here's what my antivirus popups say:

121.jpg

and

block.jpg

The second box says that I will not be able to access interferencef for 30 minutes.

I do not have 2 firewalls running. I'm running Norton antivirus 2006.

Any suggestions?

Here's your attacker:

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: Voxel Dot Net, Inc.
OrgID: VDN-1
Address: 256 Broadway
Address: 3rd Floor
City: Troy
StateProv: NY
PostalCode: 12180

ReferralServer: rwhois://whois.voxel.net:4321

NetRange: 69.9.160.0 - 69.9.191.255
CIDR: 69.9.160.0/19
NetName: VOXEL-NET
NetHandle: NET-69-9-160-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.VOXEL.NET
NameServer: NS2.VOXEL.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2004-01-21
Updated: 2004-09-10

RTechHandle: VDN-ARIN
RTechName: Voxel Dot Net
RTechPhone: +1-518-272-3658
RTechEmail: operations@voxel.net

OrgTechHandle: VDN-ARIN
OrgTechName: Voxel Dot Net
OrgTechPhone: +1-518-272-3658
OrgTechEmail: operations@voxel.net

I thought I didn't have the virtumonde virus either until I downloaded a virtumond fix and bam there it was. I don't have too many problems anymore.

Try searching for it in your files.

U2Man said:
Here's your attacker:

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: Voxel Dot Net, Inc.
OrgID: VDN-1
Address: 256 Broadway
Address: 3rd Floor
City: Troy
StateProv: NY
PostalCode: 12180

ReferralServer: rwhois://whois.voxel.net:4321

NetRange: 69.9.160.0 - 69.9.191.255
CIDR: 69.9.160.0/19
NetName: VOXEL-NET
NetHandle: NET-69-9-160-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.VOXEL.NET
NameServer: NS2.VOXEL.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2004-01-21
Updated: 2004-09-10

RTechHandle: VDN-ARIN
RTechName: Voxel Dot Net
RTechPhone: +1-518-272-3658
RTechEmail: operations@voxel.net

OrgTechHandle: VDN-ARIN
OrgTechName: Voxel Dot Net
OrgTechPhone: +1-518-272-3658
OrgTechEmail: operations@voxel.net

:nerd:

I searched for it but don't have it. :shrug: I wonder why it only happens when I visit the lost threads. :confused: It has never happened at any other place on the internet.

I want to read about Lost. :sad:

:wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Wow! Thanks!

Okay, what do I do to stop that attacks?

I would pursue one of two options.

1) You block all traffic from www.voxel.net in your firewall, load the Zoo Station page again and see what elements/pictures are missing (these are the ones that are hosted at www.voxel.net).

2) We kindly ask Elvis to run a scan on the page in Zoo Station and tell us what elements are hosted by www.voxel.net.

I'm getting messages now too.
Specifically, whenever something involves a search, then my Firewall picks up on a HTTP Netscape Cookie Monster attack. This is happening since Tuesday or so and not all the time (it did work for a little while without shutting me out yesterday). Anyway, it's kinda annoying, because then I can't access IF for 30 minutes or so. :grumpy:

Something fishy is going on...

Back
Top Bottom