Smudgy looking pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just got back online after being broken down for several days. I now have a different computer and online service, supposedly much better than the other one, but I am sad to see that the pics look like smudged or smeared paintings. It's not a blurry thing, it's like the colors are running together but in blocks. Avatars are okay, but anything bigger does it. I have no problem with words or anything else, just pics. Should I change internet services again? Anybody else ever experience this? It really sucks. Pics are my life! :sad:

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not just your monitor? I've never heard of such a thing, except for when somebody's monitor was going to pot.

I just tried it on MSN and the pics are okay, so I guess it was the Netzero after all :sigh: It's supposed to be high speed for regular dialups so I guess it smeared it or something. I was hoping to let MSN go at the end of the month because netzero is cheaper but if I can't see pics it's no good to me :down: :(

Has anybody else had a problem with netzero?

U2Kitten said:
I just tried it on MSN and the pics are okay, so I guess it was the Netzero after all :sigh: It's supposed to be high speed for regular dialups so I guess it smeared it or something. I was hoping to let MSN go at the end of the month because netzero is cheaper but if I can't see pics it's no good to me :down: :(

Has anybody else had a problem with netzero?

Personally, I'd go with PeoplePC b/c I believe it's the cheapest. I don't understand the whole "NetZero high speed" thing b/c I mean, a 56K modem is a 56K modem, PERIOD. Dial-up service is dial-up service and if you want it faster, you'd have better luck getting a newer computer with a better modem and/or faster processor.

Does it not make the pics look weird or log you off?

I am stuck with netzero for a whole month and I hope I can get rid of it before it bills again.

I think Netzero "speeds up" its internet service by compressing images so that it takes less time to load pages. That's why your pics are blurry. There may be some option to turn that off. Have you tried their customer service line?

That makes sense and would explain it. I'll call them, but if that's the way they do it I don't see how it's going to change :sigh: Maybe they think some people wouldn't notice, it's okay for words just not pics but that's what I'm into!

U2Kitten said:
Does it not make the pics look weird or log you off?

I am stuck with netzero for a whole month and I hope I can get rid of it before it bills again.

We switched to PeoplePC on a whim after I told my mom about their commercials and cheaper rates. It's worked fine for us. No logging off, no busy signals when dialing in (we live in a pretty big city and with AOL, we sometimes had to try 50 times), and nothing wrong with images. I hate the PeoplePC browser window that opens when you logon if you're using the software, but I know how to avoid this and it's really simple to setup.

I'd call NetZero NOW b/c a lot of places make you pay the next month. Like when we cancelled MSN, they said we had to pay the next month (and tried to get us to stay) and my dad was pissed with their service so he said fine we'll pay and STILL use another service b/c theirs sucks. They finally got the idea and dropped the subscription. If you call and cancel and they keep charging, just don't pay the bill. AOL did that to us for almost a year and my dad kept telling them we'd cancelled and were not paying their feckin bills. They'll eventually catch on!

My old computer was a windows me, this is an xp.

Somebody else told me my box was full and I went to empty some of it. It was only at 40% :scream: but it's done it before.

IWasBored said:
speaking of that PM...

are you even going to read it?

I do not have a PM from you, I really don't. YOu can ask I mod to check, I never had it. It must not have made it when the box was full. I was looking for stuff to delete today because the box was full and I had no unread PM's. Please try to send it again.

Back
Top Bottom