Slowness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I've been having trouble lately loading the forum. There will be the blue background immediately, and the status bar will say "Done," but nothing else appears for at least five minutes. Is everyone having this problem, or is it just me? :shrug:

It's the ad-banners at popmart.interference.com. I blocked it in my HOSTS file for now (a very geeky solution). When it gets back up, I'm going to unblock it, because there are no "Reply" or "Post" buttons for me either.

Melon

It's working OK for me now, but the whole morning I also had this problem. Did not have the time to go to this forum though.

I really need Mozilla at work, so I can at least block those ads.

C ya!

Marty

edited: BTW, melon, that was quite a posting excercise, having the most recent post in all but 1 forum IIRC (you couldn't beat Lemonade Stand). :)

Last edited:
Hah...but I did. And I have my thread in IO to prove it...:sexywink:

Melon

Here is what happened...

the image and ad server failed to complete its restart cycle sometime during the night - a process which it performs flawlessly every night (usually).

both the ads and many of the sites images are stored on popmart.interference.com

another image server, which is also used for the forum is bonovox.interference.com

then of course there is www.interference.com and forum.interference.com, and then their is a mail server, olive.interference.com.

Each of those 5 servers, are actually 5 physically different servers. There are several other sites, which are housed on any one of those.... such as lyrics.interference.com, passengers.interference.com, mofo.interference.com, and many more.

ANYWAY... back to the issue... im going to try to prevent what happened this morning from happening again :D

Joel

i have a question. are there any ads anywhere on interference hosted on qksrv.net (or whatever)? the only reason i wonder is because it always shows up that it's loading something from there when i open up a page, yet i don't see anything from that site.

i don't care or anything, i'm just wondering. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
i have a question. are there any ads anywhere on interference hosted on qksrv.net (or whatever)? the only reason i wonder is because it always shows up that it's loading something from there when i open up a page, yet i don't see anything from that site.

i don't care or anything, i'm just wondering. :D

Yes, the u2 merchandise ads are served from my ad server (popmart.interference.com) but also interface with the tracking company's server, so it does show up in the status bar when loading.

Back
Top Bottom