Site unusable on mobile, extremely graphic images popping up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoKKeR

Refugee
This just started happening to me today, where I'd be scrolling through a thread and a pop up of extremely graphic images depicting hell knows what would appear. Why is this happening? The site is literally unusable on mobile as a result of this.

Safari, iPhone 8 Plus.

it's part of the marketing strategy for SOE. people didn't appreciate music dropping into their iphones so the band decided to see if other types of content would work.

It really is annoying. iPhone 7 with Safari as well. Never happened before yesterday.

You might try deleting cookies and cache and doing a restart... sounds like you picked up some targeted ads... :ohmy:

You might try deleting cookies and cache and doing a restart... sounds like you picked up some targeted ads... :ohmy:

I've done the clearing cache/cookies and restarted 3 or 4 times. The ads basically juxtapose medical and dental procedures and celebrity clickbait (nothing NSFW on my end). Darkens the screen and sometimes has an escape x in the top left and sometimes does not. Only on the iPhone. Nothing on my MacBook. It's been going on for a few days.

Can you try uninstalling the app, power down and then reload?

Safari? I'm not using the interference app if that's what you mean. As far as I know, we can't delete Safari from an iPhone.

I may have fixed it... I went to safari settings, website data, then deleted u2interference. We will see if it starts happening again....

Back
Top Bottom