Site Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Interference.com and the forum were down from 2:13pm-2:34pm ET today. We had a minor database 'corruption' issue which has been repaired.

Joel

By the way, why does the site shut down for a minute or so every night without fail at 1 AM EST??? I've always wondered about this. :der:

:lightbulb:

Utoo said:
I think the more important news is Sicy's new avatar!

:combust:

:wink:

WAIT!

No one noticed Bonochick's new avatar!

All you suck-ups forget about the all-powerful B.C.!

HAIL to the Bonochick! :bow::bow::bow:

Zootlesque said:
By the way, why does the site shut down for a minute or so every night without fail at 1 AM EST??? I've always wondered about this. :der:

I have the server run some automated tasks which help keep things tidy, and me from getting headaches, and in order to perform them... I have to stop the web server, and then restart it. The entire process takes less than one minute.

There are also very occassional times where the web server stops responding and I've written watchdog process which 'watch' for this to happen, and if detected... they take care of it asap. Again, this keeps me from getting headaches.

I try to automate as much as possible of the things that would normally require a human being's (me) interaction. It actually saves us from much more possible 'down time'.

Re: :lightbulb:

zoney! said:

WAIT!

No one noticed Bonochick's new avatar!

All you suck-ups forget about the all-powerful B.C.!

HAIL to the Bonochick! :bow::bow::bow:

:laugh:

You're the best suck-up, Jeff. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom