Signature editor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Members of this board rarely venture to the FAQ/Rules page to check up on the signature policies, especially on the note about signature images not exceeding 50KB. I've seen users get away with signatures over 200KB before it's brought to the attention of moderators.

The signature editor at the Edit Profile page says:

• Signature:
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.
    It is advised that you use the Signature-Editor to make changes. Please keep sigs smaller than 120 pixels in height, and smaller than 300 pixels in width.

And then signature editor page says:

• Signature Limits
    - 200 lines or less
    - 10 pictures/smilies or less

How about adding something about the 50KB size limit on both pages? Adding this line could put an end to this issue!

I don't understand why it isn't set up to automatically limit it. I am pretty sure that if you try to post an avatar that is over 75x75, it just says, sorry too big, make it smaller (something to that effect). Maybe that can be put in place for the sigs?

also, signatures can be 350 pixels wide, not 300! why do you lie to us like that?!?!

Chizip said:
also, signatures can be 350 pixels wide, not 300! why do you lie to us like that?!?!

Because at any time I may decide to make the box for viewable signatures smaller than what it presently is. At the time I created it, I decided the smallest I would ever make it was 300px wide.

Is my suggestion going to be taken into consideration or what? :(

Elvis said:
Because at any time I may decide to make the box for viewable signatures smaller than what it presently is. At the time I created it, I decided the smallest I would ever make it was 300px wide.

If it's 350px right now, it should say 350px. I'm guessing it can't take more than 5 minutes to edit something so minor like that.

Queen Bee said:
How about adding something about the 50KB size limit on both pages? Adding this line could put an end to this issue!

added on the profile page:
TOTAL IMAGE(S) SIZE MUST NOT EXCEED 50K Bytes

Queen Bee said:
Is my suggestion going to be taken into consideration or what? :(

If it's 350px right now, it should say 350px. I'm guessing it can't take more than 5 minutes to edit something so minor like that.

I think you missed my point....
If you now have it at 350px (your sig)... and tomorrow I decide to set the sig box to 300px... your sig is going to look pretty silly, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself. ;)

I repeat, I'll never set the sig box to less than 300px wide.

Get it?

Now... the ironic thing... my sig images are 350px wide... heh... so it's unlikely im going to reduce the sig box any time soon ;) But the rule stays ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom