Signature Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
For premium members:

We've implemented a new signature format.
Signature pictures and links are now uploaded into our signature picture system, so that they are all within size guildelines. This is so that we can enforce the size specifications easier and we wont have to monitor signatures any longer.

If you've noticed that your sig is a link, or is missing, please go to your usercp --> edit details, and you can find your signature file there. You can copy and paste the link in your browser to get the pic to come up. Save it to your computer, and then go to usercp --> edit signature and use the UPLOAD feature to put it back there. Or, you can just repaste the link in the link box in the signature editor and upload it and it should upload it there to the proper size.

You need to add in the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tag in your signature to tell it where you want your image to show. This allows you to put text above or below your image. See attachments for more info.

Attachments

• bbcode sigpic.gif
    bbcode sigpic.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 70
  • click here.gif
    click here.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 70
can we perhaps get bigger signiture specifications?

maybe take a little off the 400 and add it to the 100?

just a thought?

no?

maybe?

I was trying to remember what the sizes were on the old forum, I thought it was 100 high but I'm thinking now it may have been a little higher...

2008metssig.jpg

i used that one for a while, too... it's height is 120. it was deffinetly bigger than 100.

can't we get, like, 350 x 200? so at least we can get a real picture in there if we so desired? other forums i frequent (which happen to be free) give you unlimited space for your sig... not asking for that or anything, but just a little bit more space would be nice.

Are you sure it didn't used to get cut off a little at the bottom though? I've made some signature images for myself that would be as tall as possible while still having my email address below, and the biggest height of any of those was 95, which leads me to believe that the limit was 100.

no i'm sure... trust me, i spent a fair amount of time that i should have been working creating that Mets sig. if it had gotten cut through, i would have noticed (and changed it).

maybe it was supposed to be no bigger than 100 and no one ever noticed, but i deffinetly had sigs bigger than 100 for a long long time (i often used the same "file" and just erased what was in it and created a new one that way).

Ok you can only have 1 image in your sig. So you will have to group them together with an editing program if you want to have multiple images. If I have time I can help people with this if you dont know how to do it.

Changing height to 120 now.....

It's 50kb.

It should automatically make it smaller than that though so you shouldnt have to worry about it.

The old limit may have been 120, I don't know, but I did used to notice that sometimes the owner of sigs that were cut off couldn't see that they were cut off, for some reason they looked fine only to them. I know there were at least a few times I mentioned to people that their sig was cut off and they couldn't see it, they saw the entire thing.

Sicy, thanks for working with everyone on this. This new system is going to make it a lot easier on the staff to make sure everyone's signatures follow the same rules. It's all automated (a new featured in this version of vBulletin, the forum software) so if you have an image that is 400x150 it will take that and shrink it down to 120 pixels tall (max). That means it will not be the full 400 pixels wide anymore because the width will shrink in proportion.

Thanks to everyone else for working with us while we get all the new features setup and in place. We are getting pretty close being all settled into this new upgraded software. Thanks again for your patience during these times...

Ok so it looks like by the looks of your sig Andy, on top of the 400x120 you can have text as well?

Ok I used option 2 and did the sig/sigpic thing and I still don't see anything. What am I still doing wrong. (When I check preview sig I see it fine)

Haha nevermind... guess there is a lagtime to see it here, I see it now. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom