Signature Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok you can only have 1 image in your sig. So you will have to group them together with an editing program if you want to have multiple images. If I have time I can help people with this if you dont know how to do it.

Sicy are you able to group together multiple pics for a sig with animated pics? (Like mine, I had a couple smileys next to my sig, but I can't edit a moving pic)

Sicy are you able to group together multiple pics for a sig with animated pics? (Like mine, I had a couple smileys next to my sig, but I can't edit a moving pic)

Hmm I actually dont think I could do it with the smilies.
I can do it with standard images. Perhaps someone else knows how?

You can still add 4 smilies to your signature.

question: will this work for pics like the one i have in my sig? the one i use displays the song i last played, so i don't know if that will be able to be uploaded to the server or not.

Hmm I actually dont think I could do it with the smilies.
I can do it with standard images. Perhaps someone else knows how?

Well since my smilies were my own files I can't do it either (with PS) :(

If anyone knows of a program that can do it, that would be nice, thanks!

My siggy was gone, and I did everything what was said here, but I don't see my siggy turning up again..:sigh:

I had to load the pic from my pc (got a message the remote link was too big)
I don't have to insert anything inbetween these [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tags do I??

Did you go into your user cp and go to edit details, to get the original file / link?
You could paste it in your browser, and then save it but you need to save it as a gif for it to move.

First I used the original link, but when I tried to use that one, I got the message that the remote file is too big.. (although on the old board I was able to use my photobucket link without any problem)

So I copied the link in my browser and saved it on my pc (extention is .gif) and then I loaded it from there and now it does not move.. :shrug:

I did everything described as above so I'm :confused:

Sorry for the trouble :reject:

First I used the original link, but when I tried to use that one, I got the message that the remote file is too big.. (although on the old board I was able to use my photobucket link without any problem)

Ok lets see if I can explain this. (btw its fixed now).

Yes it worked on the old forum, because we did not have this new signature editor. What the editor is supposed to do is make the file fit within the specified guidelines. The problem with some animated gifs is it will make animated gifs smaller (if they are larger then 400x120), but if they are smaller then the required dimension (400x120) but larger in SIZE the system cannot just redo the animation. It does not know how.

Thank you for fixing it Sicy :hug:

I managed to understand the explanation :lol:, but don't know how to fix it myself (for other gifs/pics in the future)
Maybe if you have some spare time, you could try to explain (by PM is fine). I'm not very computer savvy, but I'm willing to learn ;)

edit: I just read my e-mail, thanks :)
(should have checked that first eh, lol )

Signatures?

Does one have to be a premium member to use a signature at the bottom of his/her posts? If not, how does one do it?

Ok you can only have 1 image in your sig. So you will have to group them together with an editing program if you want to have multiple images. If I have time I can help people with this if you dont know how to do it....

:wave: I could use a hand with this when you get the time. :confused:

Thanks!

I can do still images, if you want to email me the files and let me know exactly what you want.

Signature Help Please!!

I can't work out the new signature editor!
It is showing a signature picture as current in the editor, but nothing is showing up in my posts!
I want my signature back!!!
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be very much appreciated:)

You have to make sure to click 'Click Here to Insert Signature Picture Tags '

It has to say [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the box.

Back
Top Bottom