Should Postcounts Be Switched Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should Postcounts Be Switched Off?

• Yes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • In certain forums (please define in thread)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I don't mind/care/not applicable/brindle dolphin undies

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't intended as a personal slight, sorry if it read that way. It was merely my thoughts.

The issue regarding chat and game threads regularly rears its ugly head and I was theorising ways to kill the topic. I'm a problem-solver type personality. An issue will only reach resolution if people want it to and this is not the case with this issue.

It's not important in the scheme of things. I personally no longer participate in chat and/or game threads, nor have I been attacked for my postcount.

I did not expect you to alter your website because of something I suggested. I was testing one theory, and it has proven incorrect.

indra said:

I post on another board where we had a "serial leaver." The little weenie would pick fights with people, attack everyone, including the people who would defend him, and then post his "I'm-leaving-because-you-people-are-all-out-to-get-me, you-intolerant-bastards!" thread. For a while people would post "Oh don't leave, your opinion is valued blah, blah, blah" replies, but after he kept doing it every few months the replies became more on the "Thank God!" and "good riddance" lines. He's actually been pretty scarce for the past six months or so. It got pretty funny.

My short answer to someone behaving like that guy would be:
:wave:Bye!

beli said:
That wasn't intended as a personal slight, sorry if it read that way. It was merely my thoughts.

The issue regarding chat and game threads regularly rears its ugly head and I was theorising ways to kill the topic. I'm a problem-solver type personality. An issue will only reach resolution if people want it to and this is not the case with this issue.

It's not important in the scheme of things. I personally no longer participate in chat and/or game threads, nor have I been attacked for my postcount.

I did not expect you to alter your website because of something I suggested. I was testing one theory, and it has proven incorrect.

It's great to see posts like this, beli - articulate, fair and open minded.

Keep them:

Keeps us informed of possible scalpers who just registered.
Newbies are easier to see. The problem isn't with the newbies, it's with people flaming newbies when there is no need to, deal with those folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom