Should Chart/Sales Have Its Own Forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
If you read some of the other forums, you may have noticed that the moderators of Interference are looking for more moderators. They also hope to do some rearranging of Interference.

With this in mind, I wrote one moderator a note stating that I think that there should be a specific forum dedicated purely to chart and sales information. I volunteered to moderate that forum, but stated that they were free to have anyone moderate. The goal though was to have this topic in its proper forum.

One limitation to posting chart/sales news in the Where The Album Has A Name forum is that it limits potential discussion for other albums. Furthermore, the discussion of other albums technically should not belong in this forum as it is supposedly dedicated to just ATYCLB.

The moderators refused my request and said that *I* should limit any chart discussion to this forum. I have tried hard to do just that, but have noticed that others have not. I also pointed out to them some of the problems I listed above.

Nonetheless, I now go to all of you here - should the chart/sales topic have its own forum? If there is enough interest, perhaps we can persuade the moderators to rethink their views.

Let me know!

SkeeK:
I don't know if you'll see my response since this topic was moved, but I'll respond anyway.

Actually, the information I get is just part of the total. Womanfish, Sting, ChangetheTemperature, BEAL, HolyJoe5 and yourself have provided some very valuable input. Lately, even people like U2Girl are getting involved in the charts. I've noticed more and more people posting about the charts and sales in other forums. With this many people involved or at least interested, I thought it would be nice to get a special Charts Forum.

However, you may be right - it might not generate enough traffic. As such, I've suggested to the moderators via e-mail that they rename the "Where the Album Has a Name" forum. This forum was originally entitled "Where the Album Has NO Name" and was created to discuss the upcoming - and as yet to be named - new U2 album. Once the album was released, the moderators changed the name (to reflect that it now, of course, had a title). I suggest a third name change. The album has been out now for over 4 months, so it seems rather silly to have a forum designed to discuss this "new album" after this length of time. I think the forum should be retitled to something like "All That You Can Chart" or something similar. This way we can still discuss ATYCLB, but it'll also let people know that this is the forum where charts and sales information - for ALL U2 albums - is discussed.

This change will require minimal work by the moderators. They need to change the name and then send out a few posts telling people about it. That's it. And the benefits could be huge - anyone interested in sales will know exactly where to look.

Sound good?

I really love reading your posts, but I think they're fine where they are... a forum dedicated just to record sales wouldn't receive much traffic.. though your posts would make a good regular news feature somehow.. but then there isn't the discussion to it.

i would love to have a forum like this espeacially with all the chart news u bring us...i thnk it would be great...i would also like u to become moderator...but one thing about mods they cant be too involved...now i will be the mod...hehehe...evil twings in his eyes...no serious i would love to be a mod

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

What would be cool is if this site hosted a really comprehensive list of sales figures and chart positions both past and present.

Back
Top Bottom