Server 'Too Busy'... explained.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi,

First, I'd like to thank everyone for being a part of the Interference community....

You're all so popular as a whole that we seem to keep attracting new folks... at an alarming rate.

Today (and it isnt even over) we've had more new member registrations than in any of our two busiest days in history combined!

As a result of your popularity... we've (the site) in a way become a victim of success, and although we recently purchased a new much faster server... it's apparently not enough.

We are not asking for any donations. This is just to let you know what's going on.

We are in the process of looking into an even faster, more robust, industrial strength server.... or POSSIBLY even setting up what's called a 'server cluster'.... which is what many top level commercial type sites need... it's a configuration of mulltiple servers which sort of act as one to spread out work.

So... we're waiting for quotes back on the various options and will hopefully have this completely resolved within the next few days.

We appreciate your patience during this insanely crazy time.... the 'problem' is irritating everyone on the staff as much as it is each one of you... I assure you. We want it resolved ASAP too!

Thanks,

Joel ... and the Interference.com Team

It's better right now ... thank God. :up:

Moderating is nearly impossible with a 'server busy' error every 5 seconds. :crack:

Sicy said:
It's better right now ... thank God. :up:

Moderating is nearly impossible with a 'server busy' error every 5 seconds. :crack:

I've got a 'band-aid' in place for now.... hopefully it holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom