seemingly over-restricted system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_durango

Babyface
i'm a regular on a bunch of other discussion forums (mostly automotive related) and am getting frustrated with the lack of available features here (for free anyways).

i completely understand the need to make money and agree with it fully, but i think a few of these features are very important for the general (non-subscribing) public.

my scenario:
I have tix for Toronto and my seat locations are behind the stage. i've checked out a lot of tour images on the net and here and it seems as though the stage is sometimes closed at the back. so i figured i would check the forums to see if anyone else has discussed behind-stage seats, but . . . . . . i can't search the forums cuz i'm not a premium member. fine, so then i decide to start a thread asking about previous shows and the behind-stage seats, but of course the logical forum being "Vertigo Tour Central" is closed, presumably becasue i'm not a premium member.

silliness i say.

big_durango said:
but of course the logical forum being "Vertigo Tour Central" is closed, presumably becasue i'm not a premium member.

I dont know why you think this forum is closed but the entire forum is open for both premium and non premium with the exception of one sub-forum under Everything You Know is Wrong.

Re: Re: seemingly over-restricted system

Sicy said:

I dont know why you think this forum is closed but the entire forum is open for both premium and non premium with the exception of one sub-forum under Everything You Know is Wrong.

when i clicked on 'post' it would direct me to a page saying restricted access, etc.

apologies due. it was one of those freak moments where it wasn't working before, but it's working now. sorry.

the main forum page still has a 'closed' icon beside the Vertigo Tour forum though.

big_durango said:
the main forum page still has a 'closed' icon beside the Vertigo Tour forum though.
oh, that's only because you can't post to the main forum itself. you have to go to one of its subforums. but all of the subforums are completely unrestricted for all members. :)

LoveTown said:
soooo as a fellow behind the stage ticket holder what was the answer? heh

i was told that if you're within the bottom half of the rear rows all should be fine at most arenas. there are only a few songs with the rear curtains down for graphics, but they're still semi-transparent. and supposedly Bono pays some good attention to us rear-seaters for a bunch of songs. the major complaint i heard is that edge doesn't move around much so we would see his back most of the time.

i guess i'm happy i'm only in the 19th row at ACC then.

yeah Im in that general area for 2 nights in boston. I'm not completely at the rear though. Im sort of off to the side a bit. I just feel lucky to get to see them twice. I'm sure it will be great!

Back
Top Bottom