Second Request: Speel check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
I have requested this before...and of course I was let down by management.

BUT, now that love_u2_adam's posts are making my eyes bleed, I think it would be a fine time to try again.

How about a spell check function? :hyper:

and now, for how it could be posted:

I have rekwested the b4...,and uv coors I wuz let down by manugment.

But, now that my posts r macon my i's bled, i tink it wud b a fin tiem to tri agin.

how abut speel chek funshun?

my browser has a built-in spellchecker so i wouldn't need this, but i think this is a fine idea :hmm:

whether or not people would use said function though is another story. i'd certainly hope so, though.

Do you really think they people who need it the most would use it? :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

whether or not people would use said function though is another story. i'd certainly hope so, though.

I would so use it

KhanadaRhodes said:
my browser has a built-in spellchecker so i wouldn't need this, but i think this is a fine idea :hmm:

New thought:

Repeated ignoring of the spell check function is grounds for immediate banning.

Holla.

btw, i checked vbulletin's site and from what i could see, it looks like it's not an option. although they may not list every feature on their site; elvis would of course know these things better than i would.

i of course wouldn't mind though banning people hoo typp liek dis!

and what pray tell, will be the official position on American/British spellings eh? I have a lot of contempt for Mr Gates & his bleeding spell check function on MS Word - it's seriously messed my life up these past few years. I don't know anymore whether it's neighbour/neighbor, favour/favor, flavour/flavor, defenceless/defenseless and the rest of that rubbish. That's just spell check - grammar check is totally evil. Apparently I don't know how to use commas, full stops, colons/semi colons or any punctuation. Spell check is like an opium habit.

mickey said:
and what pray tell, will be the official position on American/British spellings eh? I have a lot of contempt for Mr Gates & his bleeding spell check function on MS Word - it's seriously messed my life up these past few years. I don't know anymore whether it's neighbour/neighbor, favour/favor, flavour/flavor, defenceless/defenseless and the rest of that rubbish. That's just spell check - grammar check is totally evil. Apparently I don't know how to use commas, full stops, colons/semi colons or any punctuation. Spell check is like an opium habit.

:love:

This idea blows, Jeff. Not because you aren't correct in what you say. You most certainly are, but your species spell many things incorrectly! Which language option would you deem the most appropriate?

:sexywink:

:giggle:

Yours sincerely,
Interference's laziest speller and grammar checker :up:

It's a good point, I'm surpris/zed the decision makers at America's haven, dictionary.com, haven't dropped the "h" in herb. In fact, now that I think about it, the "e" and/or the "r" could also be omitted.

have any of you plodded over to have a hand at literati recently on yahoo games? Three years ago (when I did) I had to regularly be flayed with words like: eh, aab, ze, skat, umm. I fear for my life most when I use any kind of spell checking program.

I think God was quite inventive when he put Canada smack between the US & England. Between the two, I prefer English English, so, it is indeed annunciated 'erb' I reckon.

(spelled with a/an "h" of course)

Last edited:
Oh, and do you know the difference between:
"centre"
"center"

5 gold stars for anybody who doesn't have to use a dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom