Search for new posts feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
The current feature to search for new posts has a few quirks that are confusing. I'm hoping these can be resolved easily. What I think is strange behaviour is:

- When you search for new posts and then refresh that page, it will not get all the new posts. Instead, it only refreshes the results you had before. Yes, you can select the New Posts link again, but it would be more intuitive just to use the Refresh button.

- The new posts search excludes those threads you've just posted in, or even just looked at. Again, this is quite confusing as it seems that the thread just disappeared. It would be less confusing if those threads (you've posted in and/or looked at) would also appear in the New Posts search.

Thank you.

Clicking the refresh button takes one click.
Clicking the New Posts button takes one click.

I don't see the difference.

As far as the threads disappearing after you post in them, I suppose it is assuming you already know about the thread and don't need it to be in the list again. If someone else posts in it after you, it should appear in the list again.

Clicking the refresh button takes one click.
Clicking the New Posts button takes one click.

I don't see the difference.

It's not about the click, it's about what I expect to see happen when I click on refresh. It should refresh the search and show all new posts.

As far as the threads disappearing after you post in them, I suppose it is assuming you already know about the thread and don't need it to be in the list again. If someone else posts in it after you, it should appear in the list again.

I would expect to see those threads. Did they otherwise just disappear. :confused:

:)

Back
Top Bottom