Search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, but as it states, the PageRank algorithm/measure is an important component in determining the ranking of the page in the search result. As you probably know, a site's PageRank is based on how many links there are to the web page from other sites and the quality of these links. However, if you search on "civil war" for instance, there might be sites containing the words "civil" and "war" that have the highest page ranks, but if there is another site that contains the phrase "civil war", this site might end up on top of the search results anyway. PageRank isn't the full story, but it would be wrong to say that it doesn't play a major role in determining the ranking of the search results.

As someone that works in the field, I'm only sharing my experience.

There are plenty of searches where a PageRank 0-4 page will come up higher than a PageRank 5-7 page... it's very common. Of course PageRank IS a factor, but its far from the only factor. Also, PageRank is determined by A LOT more than just quality incoming links. I personally own websites which have under 10 incoming links (and they arent even quality ones), and the sites have a good PageRank.

Elvis said:
I personally own websites which have under 10 incoming links (and they arent even quality ones), and the sites have a good PageRank.

Hey, me too. I just checked one of mine, which is only a year old and linked on maybe 10 other sites, and I'm #1 baby!

Whoa, my other one is #1 too. :shrug:

phillyfan26 said:
I'll become a Premium Member in three years or so when I actually can pay. :up:

If you dont have a credit/debit card, or checks, and cant have someone with those pay for it, we do accept cash... although it's really a last option. The information is on the subscription page.

Back
Top Bottom