Revamped Ignore Lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens---do you not see posts by a person you ignore? :scratch:

neutral said:
You get a box where their post would be saying "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]".

Jeez--that would make me curious to see what they said! :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Really?

I guess I'm just too nosy to not want to know what people are saying. :D

*edited to note: I just remembered I'm actually on a couple of people's ignore lists (that I know of), so I guess I do know that people actually use it. :ohmy: I'm still too nosy to use it myself. :)

Last edited:
you know what's funny about the ignore feature is that if another poster quotes the person who is on your ignore list you end up seeing what they said anyway.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it doesn't work because it gives you the option to see the posts of the person you're trying to ignore... that click here button is just too tempting.

if that was gone and you'd actually have to do more than one click to see the post, it would be much better.

You don't like it because you don't have good impulse control? :ohmy: :lmao:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it doesn't work because it gives you the option to see the posts of the person you're trying to ignore... that click here button is just too tempting.

if that was gone and you'd actually have to do more than one click to see the post, it would be much better.

yeah, i tried it out but it was far too tempting to just click the button and see the post

Revamping a feature because people dont have any self-control is what doesn't make sense. Temptation, like spelling, is each person's own responsibility.

In regards to a quote of someone you ignored... that'd be sorta silly to be reading someone's reply to a quote without knowing what the quote was... wouldn't it? Besides, that would _not _ be a simple change by any means.

love_u2_adam said:
i got put on one...lol:lol:

Only one?

Heck I got put on at least two. :)

(I probably should have more of a :uhoh: look because of that, but I can't help it...I can be a smartass sometimes. :) )

Sicy said:
How do you know if you're on someone's ignore list? :eyebrow:

They told me. :shrug:

I'm not sure why they felt the need to tell me...perhaps they thought I would feel devastated that they weren't reading my posts any more. But it is kind of fun to know, so I guess I should thank them. Of course, since I'm on their ignore lists they would never read it anyway. :shrug:

Personally I find it more gratifying to actively snub someone by being able to see (and read if I want to or am bored) their posts and then just not dignify their thoughts with any type of response. I do realise the offending party doesn't know any difference, but it's more fun for me. :)

(and yes I do know I'm odd. :yes: )

Well, obviously at least two persons on this board cannot distinguish the good posts from the bad then. Too bad for them.

we used to be able to see who ignored us

but someone didn't think it was a friendly feature and the mods/elvis agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom