Revamped Ignore Lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono Kitty said:
Because everyone is different you don't know what some may do!
if people can't handle finding out they're on some people's ignore lists, then wow. i pity them.

i miss the feature although since i'm a mod people can't put me on their ignore list anyway so it was a useless feature for me. although i know there's people on here who'd ignore me if they could :wink:

I mean, WHY? What's the point, other than to let somebody know that there are people who hate them so much they don't want to read their posts? In some cases, they may think the person is their friend, and get their feelings hurt. Just because most of you here are hard nosed and have a rough sense of humor doesn't mean that everyone does, some are more sensitive. It's wrong not to respect that, and think they're nuts, or they have a problem if they can't handle it. I guess it's just plain old fashioned RUDE and it's something I don't like to see, while for some reason most of you apparently find it hilarous :huh: This is why the mods here let people get away with stuff that any other board I'm on would consider a personal attack. Especially the way zoney openly mocks me, this is NOT FUNNY, even if in some twisted way you all think it is. And even if you do think it is, if I don't, doesn't that count for anything? Maybe what I'm trying to say is that you can't tell a person how they are supposed to feel about something. If it bothers them, then it does, and it's not up to anyone else to tell them it doesn't, or they don't see that they were offended. ALL peoples' feelings should be respected, regardless of how stupid you think they are.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Jeff openly mocks everyone. :p

Not like he does me. He is very openly cruel. He even said "I put everyone here on my buddy list except one" one being me. He also mocked my thread going 'cartoon hug me' he goes 'isn't that one of her 300 aliases' and lots of other stuff. He has openly outed my alters when he saw me post and try to edit within a few seconds, this is something nobody does to anybody. He is a an obnoxious jerk and he's not funny. He's the kind of guy who gets banned for being abrasive everywhere else. He is much more annoying and rude than jick, I guess it depends on who's popular. I can even tell by your post you think he's sooooo adorable. So you may say I'm bashing him, well I'm sounding off. I've actually been very nice compared to what I really want to say.

And you can't see ignore lists now so why are we arguing over how rude it was when we could?

True, but I meant the entire attitude of insensitivity in general. It seems like anyone who gets hurt is stupid and wrong and doesn't deserve to be protected. Threads like mine don't get closed even though it's obvious they've become a bash fest because the mods seem to think either they deserve the abuse, or that it's somehow funny to let the 'cool' people have at it.

Last edited:
you have about 300 aliases in this thread already, how is that mocking? it seems true.

the "who ignores me list" would be kind of usefull, because it would let me know directly exactly why you're not replying to anything i address explicitly to you, dear kitten.

RocknRollKitty said:

Not like he does me. He is very openly cruel. He even said "I put everyone here on my buddy list except one" one being me. He also mocked my thread going 'cartoon hug me' he goes 'isn't that one of her 300 aliases' and lots of other stuff. He has openly outed my alters when he saw me post and try to edit within a few seconds, this is something nobody does to anybody. He is a an obnoxious jerk and he's not funny. He's the kind of guy who gets banned for being abrasive everywhere else. He is much more annoying and rude than jick, I guess it depends on who's popular. I can even tell by your post you think he's sooooo adorable. So you may say I'm bashing him, well I'm sounding off. I've actually been very nice compared to what I really want to say.

Um, don't put words in my mouth. I never said I thought he was so adorable. I was just stating that he's been or has been seen as being obnoxious/mocking/whatever to some people here since becoming a member. Hell, he and I have gotten into it a few times over the years so for you to think I'm here rushing to his defense is hilarious.

True, but I meant the entire attitude of insensitivity in general. It seems like anyone who gets hurt is stupid and wrong and doesn't deserve to be protected. Threads like mine don't get closed even though it's obvious they've become a bash fest because the mods seem to think either they deserve the abuse, or that it's somehow funny to let the 'cool' people have at it.

Look, I'm not here to bash you, but harping on the same things day after day after day, it gets old. Yes, you are more than welcome to share your opinions on everything here, but can you PLEASE be the bigger person here and let it go? Can't you see that when people "pile on" it's because they know it bothers you? If you let things slide off your back I can almost guarantee they'll stop, because it won't be fun anymore. And for those who will still do it, oh well... Guess they need a life.

Oooookaaaayyy... since this is the suggestion forum, and this topic has no completely gone off course, I'll be closing it.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom