Restrictions for new members. Please Read.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
We have imposed a restriction on new members which limits them to creating 5 new threads per day until they have a total of 30 posts. This restriction does not in anyway limit the number of posts per day. This restriction also does not apply to Premium Members.

I appreciate what you're doing to make this an enjoyable place but even posing certain restrictions will not stop the trouble makers, they will always find one way or another.

Im guessing this was set up to stop spammers signing up and running amok while the mods are sleeping. It happened the other day. Some bloke started loads of threads selling crap, and it was during USA sleeping hours so we all had to put up with it. :crack:

Yeah, the same thing happened on another board I'm on too. It was a royal pain in the arse!

This was actually my idea. While we always welcome new members to start threads and join in discussions, some feel the need to post like 10 threads a day and it really clutters up the board and takes away from other members posts and discussions. As well as the spam issue...

5 is way too generous :tsk: Nobody needs to start more than 2 or 3 a day.

I wanted 3 to be the limit but Elvis thought that was too strict :|

For real, I probably start a thread a week.. if that.

isabelle_guns said:
I appreciate what you're doing to make this an enjoyable place but even posing certain restrictions will not stop the trouble makers, they will always find one way or another.

I think you misunderstood... these arent just posted restrictions, they are physical/technical restrictions now. I was posting about them.

i always thought dickhead was mroe powerful than dickwad

ya learn something new everyday

Yay! I would even support a 1 new thread per day restriction (hell, I would support a no new threads restriction til you get X number of posts but I guess that is a bit too harsh)...

In two months I have opened 2 threads, 99% of the time there is an appropriate place where to post... :wink:

maybe promote one or two trusted, well known members from European & Australian timezones as mods, if you haven't done already, and then we can have around the clock monitoring.

alternatively create a special little area to attract eBay trolls to post to and then get the server to perodically flush/cleanse/detox that area! :D

another suggestion would be if members created a new eBay account, placed a bid of a ridiculously high amount on the troll's item and then if you win don't bother paying for it! i'm just joking of course, that's a bit evil, but i too get annoyed with those said postings and so the those little wicked thoughts do enter my brain....wouldn't put it to practice. :no:

:rant:

Last edited:
We are, at the moment, trying to find some non-American members to serve as mods. It's not the easiest thing in the world because it can be a tough job sometimes, but we have confidence we'll be able to rustle up the right people. ;)

As far as eBay trolls, mods of forums like All I Want Is U2 keep the best eye that they can on them, but of course there are no guarantees that one won't slip by from time to time.

One more thing: This is the "Announcement" section, meaning that this forum is used by Team Interference for updates and news about the forum itself, and by members to comment on those announcements. Suggestions for improving Interference should be posted in "Don't Expect, Suggest" (scroll almost to the bottom of the front forum page).

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
also, if you ever do see an ebay troll, feel free to report the post. we do try to catch these things as quickly as possible, but with so many forums it can be easy to miss something or not get to it soon enough.

Chizip said:
i always thought dickhead was mroe powerful than dickwad,
ya learn something new everyday
Sure you do...

ZOOTV » Inside Broadcast » Banned/Suspended Members List

Sicy Forum Administrator 09-01-2006 07:13 AM
Member: JMScoopy Status: Banned
Reason: Um calling a moderator a cunt. I think that says enough.

I never heard this word before, so thought the simplest is to do an image search to see what it is, and instead of pics I got "Results may contain adult-oriented content." :D I started to have a clue but to be sure I went for Wikipedia and it said "a vulgarism in English which refers to the human female reproductive system." :lol: I didn't think English too got a vulgar word for that...

To save some time of searching, what is a spin-off thread?

pax said:
We are, at the moment, trying to find some non-American members to serve as mods. It's not the easiest thing in the world because it can be a tough job sometimes, but we have confidence we'll be able to rustle up the right people. ;)

As far as eBay trolls, mods of forums like All I Want Is U2 keep the best eye that they can on them, but of course there are no guarantees that one won't slip by from time to time.

One more thing: This is the "Announcement" section, meaning that this forum is used by Team Interference for updates and news about the forum itself, and by members to comment on those announcements. Suggestions for improving Interference should be posted in "Don't Expect, Suggest" (scroll almost to the bottom of the front forum page).

Thanks! :)

I wish I could help but I´m not fluid in english and Venezuela time is almost the same than USA´s :shrug:

Plus.. I´m American too :giggle: ... from the south :D

Well done with the restrictions :up:

Since this thread is almost a year old I'm going to close it to avoid any confusion.

Melo if you have any other questions feel free to send me an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom