"Reply to Topic".. too many smilies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
About 1/4 or 1/2 the time I reply to topic, my computer freezes because of the large number of smilies (if I have another window open, which I usually do, for work and such).

I loveeee all the smilies, but it was much easier before when you could click on "more" and have a javascript window pop up to see the additional smilie options. it's the animations that really slow down/freeze the computer.

This has been happening for a while but I didn't want to be a pain and post about it. Then I figured maybe this happens to others, too. Just a suggestion- or maybe someone has a recommendation to make it easier for me to reply? thanks!

Olive

I :heart: having all the smilies displayed (though I just have most of the names memorized by now). However, if people are having problems...I can understand if it is changed back to the old way.

Everyone seemed really happy that they didnt have to 'click to get more'. I prefer it this way as well, but I guess I'll wait to see if anyone else has problems. This is the first I've heard of this problem.

Lilly said:
i....have....cable.

:drool: :evil: :| :eeklaugh: :wave:

but not long ago i had dial up...i spose it doesnt matter to me either way.
Actually, it's more of a computer speed/memory issue than a connection speed issue.

I have half T1 at work, but a crappy computer, and the smilies do affect my browser. Nothing major though.

they dont affect my computer at school but at home it's awful because it's a really old computer (in technological terms anyway....)

Sicy said:
Everyone seemed really happy that they didnt have to 'click to get more'. I prefer it this way as well, but I guess I'll wait to see if anyone else has problems. This is the first I've heard of this problem.

A'ight, that's why I asked. I like not having to click either.. *sigh* except that my netscape always crashes. I think it's because I work on a UNIX box, not windows. :crack:

What happened to the "Cute" smilie? there's two :sigh: and :sigh: smilies! :(

Put the
sigh.gif
back with the rest! :( Please? I'm all drooling over Eddie.... put the "Cute" smilie and get a smilie crying! :lmao: :laugh:

:crazy: LMAO @ that smilie!

Sicy said:

whattttttttt no theres not.. :huh:

:scream: :scream: what's going on? On my comp the smilie section thing there's two ":sigh: " smilies! And every time I reply to a new thread the smilies all seem to change places ??:scream: But I don't see the "cute" smilie!

WTF? Maybe I need to go sleep! Yeah, this is all dream!

:scream: :coocoo:

I swear when I modify shit here.. weird things happen.

:coocoo:

:cute:

:crazy: i love that one.. :laugh:

well olive should be happy

Elvis made them back to 'click to' to get more.

:slant:

:( I didn't like the old smilie section. :( And now it is there again. :( That means I have to have the window with the smilies open all the time cos I have such a bad memory. :(

I hated that small display of smilies. :banghead:

i mentioned this in the stuck in a moment forum for those who hate the "get more" link or it freezes on them:

i bookmarked the "get more" page and just keep it open in a separate window if i need to see the codes. it works for me. :)

Probably be best to have the smilies pop-up in a new window at the users discretion. Brings more functionality and useability to the board.

Back
Top Bottom