Rate The Song Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've not posted in a while...when I left, EYKNIW was full of 'rate the song' threads for everything from Boy. I come back and find it's apparently being done for every last song U2's ever released?

surely there can be a sub-forum made in EYKNIW to put these in? Maybe this has been asked a dozen times already elsewhere, sorry like I said I haven't been here for a while. But yeah that place looks a total mess right now. I mean it's all good fun and the idea of rating all the songs isn't the problem, but wouldn't it make more sense to have them all in one place of their own rather than turn EYKNIW into a 'rate the songs' forum? :huh:

so then we're left with a dead subforum when this is all over in a month or two? polls like these have been run here for years without any issue, though admittedly in the past they've been done one at a time. but we don't create subforums on whims or for quick games so they can languish when the game is done. the very next thread after this one is complaining that we have too many subforums. we can't win.

once the poll is closed it's moved to the archives so only active polls are in the active forum. the only other option is if digitize wishes to make less polls at once but honestly, given how dead the forum is, i don't see what the big deal is. we're already halfway through rattle and hum.

this actually had been discussed by the mod team (though obviously you would've had no way of knowing this :)) and looked at it from all angles, and ultimately the best thing to do is just continue as is.

Popmartijn said:
Can we see the minutes of those meetings? Who's the chair? And who is frequently absent without reason?
Interference needs transparency. Now, a big layer of blue is clouding everything.

:waiting:

We are the 99%!

I brought this up to Sicy awhile ago as an option. I personally don't really care, though I did have the somewhat selfish concern that creating a new subforum for the rate the song series may lessen the number of votes that songs get, bringing down the quality of the competition. But on the other hand, it has been annoying even me a bit to see EYKIW clogged up so much by these polls. But on the other other hand, the only other thing really happening right now in EYKIW is threads that degenerate into nothing but fighting, and part of the goal of this is to relieve the tension in there a bit. So the mod team keeping the threads in EYKIW is good for me - I'm thankful that they've been moving threads into the archive when their polls expire.

As Khan said we did discuss this and came to the conclusion that at this time it would be pointless to create a subforum specifically for these threads. EYKIW is deader than dead these days and the polls only take up some of the first page of the forum. If you click on page 2 many of the threads are days old and nothing is really moving. However should the forum become busy again then we would reassess the situation and go from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom