Quoting issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
About 50% of the time that I quote someone, it takes off the "[/" on the second QUOTE, thus failing to bold or quote the selected text.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm 100% sure I'm not hitting backspace or anything to erase the "[/." :scratch:

About 50% of the time that I quote someone, it takes off the "[/" on the second QUOTE, thus failing to bold or quote the selected text.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm 100% sure I'm not hitting backspace or anything to erase the "[/." :scratch:

That's weird, that has never happened to me.

Hmm.. It really does seem to happen almost half the time I quote, whether I'm using Explorer at work or Firefox at home. In fact, it happened almost every time I used the multi-quote function the first few times. Weird. Maybe I'm doing something odd.

Yeah, it only happens to me when you delete the end part of the full post you quoted, because you're only quoting part of it. When you just highlight a bunch of the end and delete it, it takes the [/ part away because the last letter/punctuation mark runs right up against it.

Back
Top Bottom