Questions on changing username - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2003, 10:00 PM   #1

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Questions on changing username

I would like to change my username, but keep my e-mail address.

Is it alright that I change the e-mail of my current name, so I could use the first e-mail address for my new ID? Or is there another way I could get a new name or shut down my current ID?

In other words, should the mods know that my current name will no longer be in use? (probably a silly question, but I want to make sure I change my ID with no setbacks)

Old 11-30-2003, 11:18 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Re: Questions on changing username

Quote:
Originally posted by filledeperle
Is it alright that I change the e-mail of my current name, so I could use the first e-mail address for my new ID? Or is there another way I could get a new name or shut down my current ID?
I believe you can do this. However, keep in mind you will lose your posts from your current name when you re-register a new name.

Just so everyone knows, users cannot change their usernames. If everyone could do that it would cause a lot of confusion. Under special circumstances, the usernames can be changed by an admin and still keeping all of the account info but it doesnt happen very often.

Best bet if you want a new username is to re-register a new account with the new name.

Old 11-30-2003, 11:57 PM   #3

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
originally posted by Sicy
I believe you can do this. However, keep in mind you will lose your posts from your current name when you re-register a new name.
When you say I'll lose them, does that mean subscribing to threads? Because I don't do that, I don't have my posts saved under my account, I'm not a Premium Member, etc. I'll have nothing to lose then?
Old 12-01-2003, 12:04 AM   #4
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:36 PM
The 203 posts you have now will not be taken over to the new name. You will start at zero again with a new one. Any threads you may be subscribed to will also not carry over as it is the particular name which subcribes, but this doesn't apply to you as you aren't getting any notifications
If you re-register and still want to keep your current email address, you'll need a second address just to sign up with as the board wont allow the same email to register twice. Once the second nick is set up, you can go into your CP on the new account and change it to your preferred email address.