problem with the time zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

disire

Babyface
hello :) i m new around here and i see that the hour in my posts is incorect....for example now its 01:23 monday 4/4/05( i live in Israel) and it says 10:...am

thanks for the help:)

Shimrit

This happens twice a year on this site for some reason. What you need to do is go to the control panel and adjust your time zone to some other country that is one hour less than yours.

I live in Perth but yesterday I moved my time zone to Jakarta and it will stay there for the months that the USA are on daylight savings time. Then I will switch it back to Perth.

Its a bit of a joke with non USA people about which countrys we are going to move to for the USA summer.

thanks for your help beli:)

i will try it...i dont think they have israel on the list ..

Shimrit

Then click on

Edit Options

towards the bottom is a time offset option.

Choose a timezone one hour less than yours eg mine is usually listed as GMT + 8 but for the USA summer I choose the GMT + 7 time zone instead.

Doh, i just realised you meant you have never set the clock. lol I thought you meant the new time problem that just occurred yesterday.

My instructions are still valid though.

yes here its 2:35 am..i live near Tel-Aviv..

Thanks for your help again Beli:) i think i will go to sleep soon lol

Shimrit

damn....now i have trouble with replying lol it says something that i cant replay too many posts in 45 sec lol....

thanks and have a good day:):up:

Shimrit

KhanadaRhodes said:
so there's no daylight saving time in australia? interesting... :hmm:

i hate daylight saving time :mad:

Not in winter no. The southern hemisphere seasons are the reverse of the northern hemisphere seasons. Its autumn going into winter here, so no daylight savings.

PS Its only this site that the clock gets buggered by USA daylight savings time changes. I'm a member of a few other forums and this problem doesn't occur anywhere else but here. :woe:

Disire, you need to go to bed mate. lol. Do you have to work tomorrow?

sleep.gif

disire said:
lol Beli i m a girl:)

Took me a minute to work out why you said that. lol. I'm female too. "Mate" is not really gender specific in Australia. It's just a word. A bit like how people from the USA say "you guys" and they can be referring to males or females or both.

More males than females say mate, I guess. I haven't really thought about it before. lol.

lol yeah you right i know that in England they use it for both too..
so how was your day today?

mine was as usual...nothing special...

Shimrit

Its only 7:21am Tuesday here so the day is only just beginning. A glorious sunny but not too hot day. It can getting stinking hot here, bit like your neck of the woods I guess.

But today is a little bit cooler. Autumn is coming. I can smell it . :drool:

oh here its 2:39am
oh lol i like when its hot
hope your day will be good:)
i like spring the best.....

ok i m off to bed now.....

Shimrit

Back
Top Bottom